English. Chinese. English. WHAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

beautifulMD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,
I have a kind of complicated question regarding English requirements...
I am planning to take an upper division course called Chinese Literature In Translation: Modern Literature to fulfill my Chinese minor requirements. The class is completely taught in English, we will be reading, analyzing, and writing about translated texts. Does this count as an "English" class that satisfies the 1 year English requirement for med schools?

Thanks for any input :)

Members don't see this ad.

Is it listed as a Chinese (foreign languages) or English class?

it's offered by the Chinese department. but it is essentially an English class except it is being offered by the Chinese department.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey all,
I am planning to take an upper division course called Chinese Literature In Translation: Modern Literature to fulfill my Chinese minor requirements. The class is completely taught in English, we will be reading, analyzing, and writing about translated texts. Does this count as an "English" class that satisfies the 1 year English requirement for med schools?

Is Dante's Inferno still being taught in English classes? It wasn't originally written in English...

Hey all,

Absolutely not. English literature =/= Chinese literature.

You where never required to take a English or Lit class as a general undergraduate education?

Sign me up for what ever school you went to