English & English Literature ... Need help???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pisiform

Oh Crap!!!
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
like all of you i am pre-med and what my school is offering me is:

one semester of Intro to college writing 1, one semester of intro to college writing 2, and two semester of English literature.

But recently, I performed well on Intro to college writing 1 and so my professor is asking me if i want to skip the Intro to college writing 2 and directly go into English Literature.

So i want to know that if i skip intro to college writing 2, would my pre-requisites for english in applying to medical school will be met??? or should i stick to the normal one Into 1, Intro 2, 2 semester of Lit.
Thanks guys in advance .... really need help????:confused::oops:

Members don't see this ad.

It depends on the schools that you want to apply to. I skipped English I and II at LSU because of my ACT scores, but the AP credits I received count at LSU Medical school admissions. They may not be accepted by some other schools though. Usually, AP credits are sufficient for English, but probably not the sciences.

Thanks guys!!! but i need to make a decision soon. And one more thing, I did my high school from London so i am international student and dont have AP credits and any of these things... so dhould i really skip Intro 2 ???? Pleaseeee Advise ...