ENT residency w/plastics-not facial plastics-afterwards. Reality or pipe dream?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Moola

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey y'all,
I posted something similar to this on the ENT forum so don't throw rocks at me. Just wondering if ENT people are considered on equal ground for plastic surgery fellowships after residencyas general surgery applicants. I am not talking about facial plastics surgery after ENT, but the regular plastics fellowship. Is this a reality? I'm a medical student picking straws and ultimately I want to be a plastic surgery, but there are so many ways. ENT sounds like a good option b/c residents get much experience in tougher plastic surgery cases like nosejobs and facelifts during residency. Keep moola posted and :love: 2 all.

Members don't see this ad.

Plastics is not that hard to get but it is always possible that you won't get into plastics. If so, both general surgery and ENT are good, but I would be more interested in doing ENT as a specialty.

Plastics is not easy to get. IIRC it's pushing peds as the most competitive post-surgical fellowship.

Pir8DeacDoc said:
Plastics is not easy to get. IIRC it's pushing peds as the most competitive post-surgical fellowship.

Boy, have things changed in 5 years! Back then, the percentage of successful applicants was high.