EPPP Study Schedule

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stw2010

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello. I am gearing up to begin my prep for the EPPP. I noticed there are many helpful posts on what study materials are useful for the EPPP. However, I'm wondering if any of you (especially those who have passed) -- can share some information on

1. How long you studied for the exam before taking it? And what you may recommend.

2. Was there a particular schedule that worked for you (eg: read review materials for a few weeks and then take practice tests)?

I hope I didn't miss a previous posts about this question. If so, I'm happy to be redirected. Thank you in advance for the help :)

Members don't see this ad.

1.) A little over two weeks. Not sure what to recommend, each individual person knows how they study and how they take tests. Pick what's worked for you in the past on big exams.

2) Read through modules that I didn't know as well (e.g., I/O). Took a practice test, when scoring it, noted which areas I missed the most items on. Read up on those areas. Rinse and repeat a few times.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm also gearing up for the EPPP and am hoping to take it in a few months. Does anyone have any experience with any of these iPhone applications for studying for the EPPP? Thanks for the help! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I studied for about 8-10 weeks total, I don't remember for sure. I'm a very hands-on learner so most of my "studying" was done via making my own study guide, condensing the bloated study materials I had into several coherent documents based on subject with all the fluff removed. Once I had that done I alternated between reading it and taking practice tests. I found reading to be less effective for me in general as my brain has trouble devoting 100% of my attention to just passively reading something, but if I'm also writing and organizing I can stay more engaged.

I said I was studying for like 6 months, but I really only actually studied for 6 weeks (procrastination is real):). For that period of time, I studied for a couple of hours most night of the week and then devoted the basically the entirety of my weekends to studying for those 6 weeks. It's important to tailor your study to your style of learning. I would suggest emphasizing the areas that are weakest for you, others may suggest organizing your study time based on the percentage of that area on the test. I took about 5 practice tests during that time as well. I also suggest picking a date, once I did that it motivated me to study.