ERAS application picture

Started by citarita
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

citarita

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OK---so this may seem picky. I recently got my picture taken for residency and am happy w/ most things but my friends saw it, and asked why I wasn't wearing a suit (I had a button-down shirt on). What do you guys think of this? It won't really be a big deal for me to get another one w/ a suit jacket. How many peeps had a suit jacket on? Do you think it makes a difference? Sorry to ask sucha nitty-gritty ?, but I heard from many people the picture is a big deal.
Thanks
 
citarita said:
OK---so this may seem picky. I recently got my picture taken for residency and am happy w/ most things but my friends saw it, and asked why I wasn't wearing a suit (I had a button-down shirt on). What do you guys think of this? It won't really be a big deal for me to get another one w/ a suit jacket. How many peeps had a suit jacket on? Do you think it makes a difference? Sorry to ask sucha nitty-gritty ?, but I heard from many people the picture is a big deal.
Thanks

Don't take any chances, wear a nice, conservative, professional suit.
 
citarita said:
OK---so this may seem picky. I recently got my picture taken for residency and am happy w/ most things but my friends saw it, and asked why I wasn't wearing a suit (I had a button-down shirt on). What do you guys think of this? It won't really be a big deal for me to get another one w/ a suit jacket. How many peeps had a suit jacket on? Do you think it makes a difference? Sorry to ask sucha nitty-gritty ?, but I heard from many people the picture is a big deal.
Thanks
Put it this way: 99% of guys will wear a suit. And, after interviewing 100 people for a residency spot, the committee will inevitably look at the picture to 'refresh' themselves of you.

Don't be the guy in the button-up shirt.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I havent opened ERAS yet; how do you upload the picture? Do you scan it in? If I get my digital camera and sit in front of a white wall with my suit jacket on (pants optional) will that picture be ok to use? I really hate the idea of paying alot of money for a picture ill use once.
 
Cowboy DO said:
I havent opened ERAS yet; how do you upload the picture? Do you scan it in? If I get my digital camera and sit in front of a white wall with my suit jacket on (pants optional) will that picture be ok to use? I really hate the idea of paying alot of money for a picture ill use once.
You'll take a copy to your Dean's Office and they do it for you. Just write your name & ERAS ID on the back