ERAS Letter of Recommendation Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

atir6

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am applying to anesthesiology in ERAS 2018-2019. I was wondering whether it would be acceptable to get LORs from anesthesiologists with whom I rotated in my free time during the summer (not as part of a med school clerkship). Otherwise, my anesthesiology rotation would be in September at the soonest and I don't think I could get a letter in time for it to matter for ERAS.
 
Can't speak to anesthesia specifically but there's no requirement that the letters be from course/elective teachers so as long as they are attendings and good letters I say go for it.
 
Can't speak to anesthesia specifically but there's no requirement that the letters be from course/elective teachers so as long as they are attendings and good letters I say go for it.
I thought as much but wanted to make sure. Thanks!