ERAS programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RLMD

blah
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Why is it that programs that arent supposed to be around anymore, like Howard and East Virginia, are on ERAS for us to apply to, but programs like Rush, Rochester, and Kentucky are not. People that arent in the know may waste their money applying to Howard and East Virginia. I imagine the other programs arent on there because they arent taking residents this year?

Members don't see this ad.

Sadly the listings on ERAS are painfully out of date. There were @ least a few programs last year as well that were listed as accepting applications but, in reality, were not. Most of us simply lost money on the extra applications, though if you are willing to go the extra mile you may be able to squeeze the money out of the ERAS administrators.

If a program is not listed on ERAS it means that they are either not accepting applications or they do not go through ERAS. If you are interested in a program that is not listed, I would contact them and ask.

RLMD said:
Why is it that programs that arent supposed to be around anymore, like Howard and East Virginia, are on ERAS for us to apply to, but programs like Rush, Rochester, and Kentucky are not. People that arent in the know may waste their money applying to Howard and East Virginia. I imagine the other programs arent on there because they arent taking residents this year?

Kentucky never participated in ERAS... even recently.

Members don't see this ad :)
so what happened to east virginia? Did it go the way of the dodo?

Is East Virginia the program in Richmond or Charlottesville?

napoleondynamite said:
Is East Virginia the program in Richmond or Charlottesville?

neither.

Medical College of Virginia (MCV)/Virginia Commonwealth Unv (VCU) - Richmond, VA
University of Virginia - Charlottesville, Va
Eastern Virginia Medical School (EVMS) - Norfolk, VA

Sorry, I was mininformed, Baylor does have spots for this application season to begin PGY2 in 2008. Accept my apologies