eras question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

monicak

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey folks,
Not sure if y'all are navigating My ERAS yet, but I have found that at least two schools when I try to select them come up listed as "advanced" not "categorical" programs. Im pretty darn sure they are categorical (starting PGY1, right?). They are University of Arizona and Northwestern. If anyone has the same problem, let me know. Our dean told us not to call programs with questions because they get annoyed, so I thought I would ask here first.

thx,
monica

Members don't see this ad.

monicak said:
Hey folks,
Not sure if y'all are navigating My ERAS yet, but I have found that at least two schools when I try to select them come up listed as "advanced" not "categorical" programs. Im pretty darn sure they are categorical (starting PGY1, right?). They are University of Arizona and Northwestern. If anyone has the same problem, let me know. Our dean told us not to call programs with questions because they get annoyed, so I thought I would ask here first.

thx,
monica

Just call and give them a pseudonym. I suggest Anasazi. ;)

No problemo.

No skin off my back. :D

You can call programs. Especially if it's a legit question like that one. You most likely wouldn't be the first, and it might prompt them to correct the ERAS portion if enough inquire about it.

Programs have secretaries and administrators in part to help with these types of questions. I see our administrator assistant deal with questions from applicants all the time. It's part of her job, and she'll readily admit that.

Good luck.

Anasazi23 said:
No problemo.

No skin off my back. :D

You can call programs. Especially if it's a legit question like that one. You most likely wouldn't be the first, and it might prompt them to correct the ERAS portion if enough inquire about it.

Programs have secretaries and administrators in part to help with these types of questions. I see our administrator assistant deal with questions from applicants all the time. It's part of her job, and she'll readily admit that.

Good luck.

Very true. Last fall our program updated their Freida info. because several applicants called with inquiries.