Essays DURING medical school interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rlarudtjs332

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys

A friend of mine who is going to dental school told me that pre-dental students have to write short essays during their interviews to prove the authenticity of their personal statement and other essays.

Is this true for med school interviews?

Members don't see this ad.

That's not necessarily true. Some schools do have you write essays as part of their interview process, albeit probably not to validate the authenticity of your PS.

In case you're skeptical, I went to an MMI this cycle that required us to write a short essay.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't heard of this. Trust me, they'll test the legitimacy of your application during your interviews.

Disclaimer: I only attended traditional interviews.

Actually I can recall writing an essay in one of my interviews

Drexel makes you write a short essay during their interview day

Reactions: 1 users
One of my MMIs had us write an essay. It's not the norm but it's possible that it might happen if you apply to schools that so MMIs.

@seizurecrow @WedgeDawg @irochka36 What were the essays on?

Also to OP, essays are common practice in PA school interviews. This is the first I've heard of them during med school interview though.

Reactions: 1 user
I heard they were on String Theory and Quantum Mechanics.

I had interviews at three schools with short writing sections (two MMIs and 1 traditional), none of which had to do with my PS.

Huh. So it's something the school doesn't disclose?
I've actually never heard of any school doing it. It's definitely the exception and not the rule.

We had to write answers to short answer questions when the interview day started. I honestly don't remember what I was asked.

I heard they were on String Theory and Quantum Mechanics.

I got that one down.

string_theory.png

I had a couple interviews where I had to write a short essay as well! Had nothing to do with validating my PS.

We had to write answers to short answer questions when the interview day started. I honestly don't remember what I was asked.
I only remember the one that did not go well :shrug:

Reactions: 1 users