Essays for Secondaries

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

docslytherin

Tenacious D.O.
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know there are plenty of posts on this board for the topic, but I thought maybe we could get all of them in one place.

If you have any info for the essays required on this year's secondaries (for any of the schools) please post them here...

Thanks!!!

1. AZCOM

2. CCOM

3. DMU

4. Oklahoma

5. KCOM

6. Philadelphia

7. Pikeville

8. NECOM

9. UHS

10. Nova

11. NYCOM

12. Touro

13. Western U

14. LECOM

15. UMDNJ

16. Michigan

17. Ohio

18. UNE

19. West Virginia

I thought this might help those of us who are a little behind schedule! THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!

John

Members don't see this ad.

Here ya go :) Hope this helps

LECOM-
1 Describe yourself and the qualities you possess which will make you a successful osteopathic physician.
2. Explain or describe any clinical and or health realted experiences you have had, include extracurricular school and community activites.

Kirksville
1What particular qualities do you feel you can bring to KCOM?
2. Why do you wanna be an osteopathic physician.

DMU- NO ESSAYS!!! woo hooo!

AZCOM
1Why do you believe AZCOM would provide you with the type of osteopathic medical education you are seeking, and why should AZCOM accept you into this years class

CCOM
1Same as AZCOM but about CCOM of course

PCOM
1. Why do you want to be an osteopathic physician? Indicate specific reasons why you want to attend PCOM

NOVA
1. List reasons for desiring to become an osteopathic physician

UHS
1. List any other info you believe is pertinent to your ap such as, but not limited to, m otivation for applying to UHSCOM, qualities you have to offer, uniqueness, leadership roles....ect.

thanks a ton suzyQ for posting secondaries for us slackers...for schools like PCOM,NOVA,AZCOM, and CCOM did they only have one secondary question.i'm asking for format reasons..as i'm planning to get started on them..also are these questions exact quoted from the secondaries itself. thanx..

Members don't see this ad :)
No problemo.....anything to help my fellow SDNers :D and yes...they are the exact questions from the secondaries

Touro has their secondary online and you just type into the HTML and print it off the screen.

Both AZCOM and CCOM ask the same basic question: "Why do you want to be an osteopathic physician and why do you want to attend AZCOM/CCOM?

Nova's essay is: "Why do you want to become an osteopathic physician?"

UHS is pretty open ended.

Kirksville is similiar to Nova's.

Basically, if you have about a one page essay prepared on why you want to be an osteopathic physician, you can adapt it to fit most of the DO school's secondary requirements.

from those of us in the procrastinator section, we offer up many thanks!! your responses help us immensely.

john

so basically most of the secondaries ask why we want to be an osteopathic physician..didn't u guys already talk about that in your personal statement..of why u want to be an osteopathic doctor..wut else did u include in ur personal statement other then that...thanx..

Originally posted by hkny79
didn't u guys already talk about that in your personal statement..of why u want to be an osteopathic doctor

I only put one sentence about osteopathy in my AACOMAS statement. In fact, I used the exact same statement from my AMCAS app. I figured that I could talk about osteopathy in my secondaries, and give more info about myself in the primary app.

yeah, i'm not sure what to do either. i spent 85% of my personal statement explaining why i want to be an osteopathic doc. i know i cant just copy my personal statement. should i just say the exact same thing except use different words? or do i need to make up new reasons??? any more advice would be great!

Ohio University:

"Indicate why you wish to become an osteopathic physician. Why you wish to attend the Ohio University College of Osteopathic Medicine, and any additional information you feel the college should know about you."

You're limited to about 500 words.