ETSU COP Class of 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yenle1304

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone has helpful tips to prepare for the interview?

I received an interview invite for Sept 30 but will reschedule to come another date.

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone has helpful tips to prepare for the interview?

I received an interview invite for Sept 30 but will reschedule to come another date.
I liked this school but unfortunately they accepted me after I already made the move several states away for another school.

I'm from maryland;

What are the stats of those being offered interviews ?

My cousin just told me about this school so I'm currently looking into it

My pcat score was 40; so I can no longer apply to UMB or VCU :(

Thank you

Members don't see this ad :)
CumGpa 3.08
Pcat 97
1 yr pharm tech experience
2 BS degrees

I liked this school but unfortunately they accepted me after I already made the move several states away for another school.

Do you remember how long it took the school to reply after the interview?

I will also be interviewing 10/13. Good luck yenle!

Reactions: 1 user
Hey, so i'm interviewing next week, can you guys share your experiences? Thanks.

just be yourself and know why pharmacy and why etsu and be able to talk about your extracurricular activities. for me personally, it was much more like a conversation esp. the student interview while the faculty was more of rapid fire question which you can turn into conversation if you like. stress level is like 1 on a scale of 1 to 10!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm also interviewing on November 11th. I've heard great things about the program at ETSU, so I'm excited to be interviewing there!

Can anyone give me an idea of how long it took to hear on a decision, after the interview?

A week, the Dean calls you on the night of the 7th day, in my case anyways, lol! So are you picking ETSU over Campbell?

I am not sure yet.. I am hoping to have a better idea after I interview tomorrow... Have you made a decision yet?

Yea, it was a very tough decision because I really liked ETSU's campus and how the whole town revolves around the hospital and the different professional schools they have but Campbell has very strong clinical connections and it's local for me.

I was very very impressed with Campbell... I am excited to see what ETSU has to offer..

You'll have a blast esp now that you've been accepted already, kinda like it was for me at Campbell! Which state are you in btw?

haha congrats! you must've been outstanding in your interview! Now you have the good fortune of making a tough decision!

Are there any current students on here that might be willing to answer a few questions for me? Especially someone going for the dual degree?

I interviewed on 11/11 and got a call today from Dean Calhoun stating that I've been accepted!

Interview date: 12/5/2014 at 8:30Am....anyone with this date scheduled?

I'm from CA, and I'm so nervous bc it's gonna be my first time flying out to another state :(

ANy suggestions: Where to stay?, what's the nearest airport? car rental? or maybe what and where to get food:spam:?? :D

About the interview: what should I do to prepare? everyone said to relax and tell them who I am....but I am still feeling very nervou...

I'm from CA, and I'm so nervous bc it's gonna be my first time flying out to another state :(

ANy suggestions: Where to stay?, what's the nearest airport? car rental? or maybe what and where to get food:spam:?? :D

About the interview: what should I do to prepare? everyone said to relax and tell them who I am....but I am still feeling very nervou...

Don't be nervous! I was nervous too, but there's really no reason to be. Everyone at ETSU was so welcoming and friendly, which helped put any anxiousness at ease. You'll have two interviews - one with faculty/community member and one with a student. The questions were very basic (e.g., why pharmacy, why ETSU, tell me about your extracurriculars, etc.).

I can't help you with airport or car rental because I drove there. However, I know of a few hotels really close to the school. Carnegie Hotel is literally right next to campus and is really nice but not crazy expensive. I personally wanted to save money and stay somewhere cheap, so I stayed at the Comfort Inn, which was like 3 miles away or something like that. It definitely wasn't the nicest hotel I've stayed in, but they have an ETSU rate of 59.99 + tax/night and have decent continental breakfast. There are many other hotels in the area - just do a quick search and you'll find them.

As far as food goes, I saw tons of restaurants in Johnson City. I only ate one meal there (besides breakfast at the hotel and free lunch at the school), but I looked for restaurants on Yelp. From my Yelp search, I decided on a barbecue restaurant called The Firehouse Restaurant. If you like barbecue, this place is great. You won't have any issues with finding food though - there are plenty of options in Johnson City.

Good luck!!!

Reactions: 1 user
Don't be nervous! I was nervous too, but there's really no reason to be. Everyone at ETSU was so welcoming and friendly, which helped put any anxiousness at ease. You'll have two interviews - one with faculty/community member and one with a student. The questions were very basic (e.g., why pharmacy, why ETSU, tell me about your extracurriculars, etc.).

I can't help you with airport or car rental because I drove there. However, I know of a few hotels really close to the school. Carnegie Hotel is literally right next to campus and is really nice but not crazy expensive. I personally wanted to save money and stay somewhere cheap, so I stayed at the Comfort Inn, which was like 3 miles away or something like that. It definitely wasn't the nicest hotel I've stayed in, but they have an ETSU rate of 59.99 + tax/night and have decent continental breakfast. There are many other hotels in the area - just do a quick search and you'll find them.

As far as food goes, I saw tons of restaurants in Johnson City. I only ate one meal there (besides breakfast at the hotel and free lunch at the school), but I looked for restaurants on Yelp. From my Yelp search, I decided on a barbecue restaurant called The Firehouse Restaurant. If you like barbecue, this place is great. You won't have any issues with finding food though - there are plenty of options in Johnson City.

Good luck!!!

Thank you so muchhhh for the informative and kind words...I will make sure to prepare those questions

I interviewed yesterday the 25th. Anyone else? How many students from each interview usually get accepted? And does the dean only call if you are accepted?
How was your interview Pharmrx023???? any experiences you wanna share?? I have an interview next week

I interviewed at ETSU on October 28th and got my acceptance and I too traveled. I travelled all the way from HAWAII to go there. I would suggest if you havent already to check in at the CARNEGIE hotel. No rental car needed the pharmacy bill gatton campus is literally behind the hotel walking distance away. As for food, you have multiple restaurants literally across and next to the hotel in johnson city. You will save money on a vehicle and the people that interview are very relaxing. I had someone interview me that even told me its there first time ever doing it and seemed as nervous as if someone TRYING to get into the program. But she was fantastic and the stress goes to zero when your in it. I also had someone from the community interview me. The only question he gave me that somewhat stood out was a scenario question : "you walk into a clinic for a patient and see the patien and the physician arguing about prescription write up that the patient doesnt agree with. What do you do?" But as for everything else, they were great and simply asked how hawaii is lol (im originally from the Kansas / Missouri / Oklahoma region I just graduated from a Bachelors in Biochemistry from Hawaii). I have their number if you want a reservation very nice place for a good price.

I interviewed at ETSU on October 28th and got my acceptance and I too traveled. I travelled all the way from HAWAII to go there. I would suggest if you havent already to check in at the CARNEGIE hotel. No rental car needed the pharmacy bill gatton campus is literally behind the hotel walking distance away. As for food, you have multiple restaurants literally across and next to the hotel in johnson city. You will save money on a vehicle and the people that interview are very relaxing. I had someone interview me that even told me its there first time ever doing it and seemed as nervous as if someone TRYING to get into the program. But she was fantastic and the stress goes to zero when your in it. I also had someone from the community interview me. The only question he gave me that somewhat stood out was a scenario question : "you walk into a clinic for a patient and see the patien and the physician arguing about prescription write up that the patient doesnt agree with. What do you do?" But as for everything else, they were great and simply asked how hawaii is lol (im originally from the Kansas / Missouri / Oklahoma region I just graduated from a Bachelors in Biochemistry from Hawaii). I have their number if you want a reservation very nice place for a good price.
also to add, they even pick you up at the airport if you land in tri-cities airport (i recommed it for the carnegie hotel) at no extra cost. If you so wish to return to the airport, you may call a limo at their convenience at anytime you want (i believe it was about 45 bucks and I just stayed in the nice lobby and did my homework / watched movies for a few hours to relax that day before having to wait in the aiport terminal). I do recommend this hotel as a way of saving money from someone such as yourself coming from out of the region in TN. best of luck

also to add, they even pick you up at the airport if you land in tri-cities airport (i recommed it for the carnegie hotel) at no extra cost. If you so wish to return to the airport, you may call a limo at their convenience at anytime you want (i believe it was about 45 bucks and I just stayed in the nice lobby and did my homework / watched movies for a few hours to relax that day before having to wait in the aiport terminal). I do recommend this hotel as a way of saving money from someone such as yourself coming from out of the region in TN. best of luck
Thank you so much for such a informative and thoughtful information!!!! As you can see, my interview date is 12/05, so I had already booked my tickets and hotel and car rental through priceline bc that's the place that's allowed me to booked everything at one stop. and I was worried and didn't know what to do as well. "I can already imagined myself like a puppy lost their owner when I'm abt to land at TRI". I'm glad that you did well and everything went smoothly!! so, is ETSU gonna be your future school?? if so, then we might meet again :]. Wish me luck!!!!

I really like this school. Unfortunately I was placed on the wait list. I guess my chances for attending estu are very slim now. Oh well

How was your interview Pharmex023?? You mind to share how it was????
I thought I did well. They asked a couple of basic questions and I elaborated on my experiences. Everyones nice so you shouldnt be nervous. Not sure what went wrong tho

Hey pharmrx what kind of questions? Also what were your stats mabye they will find a spotdon'tt worry keep your hopes up and stay positive.

I am really nervoud I have my interview in a few days and this is my first pharmacy school interview therefore, im really nervous... if you guys have any tips It would be highly appreciated as this is my first choice school. Thanks and goodluck to everyone!

Just got my interview invitation for Jan 20th!... This is gonna be my first pharmacy school interview :D

So I guessed the people who's on the wait-list got an email, and offer a seat (acceptance) got a call from the admission committee today? I was also interviewed on Dec 13th, and was placed on the wait-listed today 12/10/2014////My heart breaks a little when I saw the email during lunch time today :(((

So I guessed the people who's on the wait-list got an email, and offer a seat (acceptance) got a call from the admission committee today? I was also interviewed on Dec 13th, and was placed on the wait-listed today 12/10/2014////My heart breaks a little when I saw the email during lunch time today :(((

Did you apply to more schools? Just don't give up and keep your head up high. I'm sure there are other schools that will be pleased to have you. Like Dean Calhoun said, it doesn't mean that they don't want to accept you at all, just not at this time which means there is still hope. :love:

Hi everyone,
I'm applying to ETSU in two weeks, for those who have been admitted, would you mind Sharing your Status. and I know they do not have a minimum Pcat score? but what do you all think about the minimum.. BTW i have 4 years Pharmacy experience working as a Certified Pharmacy Tech at a retail and a on per diem at an Agency.with a 3.46 GPA and my Pcat aint too great. Retake it in January

Hi, would you mind sharing your Status

PCAT: 72 composite, but 95 biology and 76 chemistry
GPA: around 3.1-3.2
Experience: Couple months as a pharmacy tech

...Not too great, but all I have right now is the interview so I'm just hoping for the best.

PCAT: 72 composite, but 95 biology and 76 chemistry
GPA: around 3.1-3.2
Experience: Couple months as a pharmacy tech

...Not too great, but all I have right now is the interview so I'm just hoping for the best.
you will be fine... if i have your Pcat Score . i would be in heaven now.. lol i hope i do way better in that January one..... at the interview just be yourself,.. I always score high in BIO and Chemistry.. its the reading and math keep killing me and im very good in math...