• A new admissions hurdle is becoming more common: the CASPer test. Learn more about it at a free webinar hosted by SDN and PrepMatch on May 6th. Register now!
Oct 26, 2015
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
Hello all!

I am currently planning to apply to pharmacy school this Fall 2017 for Fall 2018 admittance.

Here are my stats:

Current GPA: 3.3
PCAT: This is my first ever important standardized test, I did not even take the SAT. I am scheduled to take it on September 8th.
Pre-reqs: I have finished almost all common pre-reqs except for physiology and biochemistry.
Volunteer: I am currently a volunteer in a hospital pharmacy and will have 100 hours at the time I submit my application.
Work Experience: I currently work as an in-home service nurse to an elderly woman. (frequent doctor visits and pharmacy visits). 25 hours a week for over a year. I also work as a server in a restaurant.
LOR: I have three strong letters.
1. Ochem I and II professor (same professor) earned A and B respectively
2. Ochem I and II lab professor (same professor) earned A in both. I would like to put this one on my application due to the fact that I had a very close relationship to this professor, and the letter really displays my personality.
3. Manager at my restaurant job (customer service) 3 year relationship. I worked my way up to assistant manager, this letter is also strong on work ethic.

Advise? Tips? Anything I can do to strengthen my app?
I am extremely scared for PCAT. I have high anxiety about taking this test. Even at the practice tests I do not do well because I am rushed and stressed.

Thank you in advance for reading!

About the Ads
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.