General Admissions & OTCAS Evaluator Needs to Edit Submitted Evaluation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FaithfullyAriana

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! This is my first post here, as I have always been a lurker and have gotten some great information, and now I need advice for myself....

Long story short, I had no idea that the OTCAS application was a "one-size fits all" for all programs you're applying to. In hindsight, I know this was a major screw-up on my part, but part of me thought I would be able to "pick and choose" which materials can go to which school.

However, now from what I've read, once you click the "submit" button and complete your application, your OTCAS application gets sent out to every program you have selected within OTCAS.

Now I've run into a huge issue - one of my evaluators made her LOR program-specific (to Stockton) and now she needs to change it, since I informed her once I found out that LORs need to be generalized to fit any program. However, now I cannot delete the LOR for her to re-do it, and I'm freaking out.

The OTCAS FAQ says evaluations cannot be deleted after they have been completed, but what if in a case like this? I would call OTCAS myself, but it's not during their business hours, so I wanted to post here to see if anyone has gone through a similar situation.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I am riddled with anxiety about this and need to know what to do.... :nailbiting::(

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone! This is my first post here, as I have always been a lurker and have gotten some great information, and now I need advice for myself....

Long story short, I had no idea that the OTCAS application was a "one-size fits all" for all programs you're applying to. In hindsight, I know this was a major screw-up on my part, but part of me thought I would be able to "pick and choose" which materials can go to which school.

However, now from what I've read, once you click the "submit" button and complete your application, your OTCAS application gets sent out to every program you have selected within OTCAS.

Now I've run into a huge issue - one of my evaluators made her LOR program-specific (to Stockton) and now she needs to change it, since I informed her once I found out that LORs need to be generalized to fit any program. However, now I cannot delete the LOR for her to re-do it, and I'm freaking out.

The OTCAS FAQ says evaluations cannot be deleted after they have been completed, but what if in a case like this? I would call OTCAS myself, but it's not during their business hours, so I wanted to post here to see if anyone has gone through a similar situation.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I am riddled with anxiety about this and need to know what to do.... :nailbiting::(
Had a similar situation :(. If already verified send a letter explaining the situation and apologizing to each school. Ask if you can send an updated letter to each school via email.

Had a similar situation :(. If already verified send a letter explaining the situation and apologizing to each school. Ask if you can send an updated letter to each school via email.
Thanks for the advice!! Did you try to contact OTCAS directly and ask about it?

Members don't see this ad :)
Agree with the above, mostly. I would call the schools rather than otcas to explain the situation. I'm sure they'll understand as it seems like a common mistake. You'll probably have to just send the evaluations directly to them rather than thru otcas. Don't freak out.

Hey guys! Thanks for your advice!

Just wanted to give an update:
I called OTCAS this morning and because I hadn't submitted my application yet, they will be able to re-open the evaluation submission. They just told me to reach out to my evaluator and inform them to call/email OTCAS, give them my CAS ID, and then OTCAS will be able to re-open the submission for the evaluator to re-submit the LOR.

Just in case anyone else was in the same boat, there is a way! :)