Evening or Night Shift?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

malusport

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a question regarding shifts. Since most surgeries starts in morning is it possible to get an evening or night shift in Anesthesiology? If yes, would that be in a hospital setting or outpatient?

I am not talking about residency, but in real employment situations. Please reply if you've any first hand knowledge.

Members don't see this ad.

Hospitals always need coverage for emergency surgeries and L&D. I think anesthesia groups negotiate call schedules with the hospitals.

I have an anesthesiologist friend who only works nights. He's a junior in his practice. He told me that he doesn't like to deal with the B.S. during the day, but I have my inklings that he may be having some problems at home...

Anyway, to answer your question, it can be done.

-Skip

Members don't see this ad :)
malusport said:
I have a question regarding shifts. Since most surgeries starts in morning is it possible to get an evening or night shift in Anesthesiology? If yes, would that be in a hospital setting or outpatient?

I am not talking about residency, but in real employment situations. Please reply if you've any first hand knowledge.

My group would love to find someone willing to work nights and weekends.

Ive heard of groups hiring people to just work weekends, and even to only do pre and post ops :sleep: