Event counting

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rcwha

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can somebody please explain how to use event counting (step by step) for top front end questions? It seems like that's the way to go in solving those types of questions.

I would greatly appreciate the help...Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Can somebody please explain how to use event counting (step by step) for top front end questions? It seems like that's the way to go in solving those types of questions.

I would greatly appreciate the help...Thanks

same here anyone please help

count the lines. its that simple. once you count think about it logically. The verticals in top and and front are equal for example.

Members don't see this ad :)
doc basically has it right, but it is hard to explain w/o using visual examples. the lines in one view correspond to events on the 3D object (sides, angles/points, etc.). these events obviously remain the same no matter which view you are looking at (they are fixed parts of the 3D object), so the lines representing them should demonstrate certain similarities between different views. like doc said, the verticals on top will also be verticals from the front. also, the horizontals on top will be verticals from the end. they don't have to be identical lines, since events will look different and therefore be represented differently from the different angles, but they do have to be there. therefore, the number of corresponding lines should remain the same.

i don't think that explanation made much sense, but i never liked event counting in the first place. it would usually only rule out one answer for me, maybe two if i got lucky, so i always found my time best spent just looking at the views and formulating the correct 3rd view in my mind, then finding it in the answers. if it works for you, though, go for it - i may have been doing it wrong or something

yea that's true. event counting on the real DAT never actually works out. at best you'll be able to cross off one answer choice but the time spent counting lines could be better spent just looking at the figures and seeing which is the correct 3d model.

yea that's true. event counting on the real DAT never actually works out. at best you'll be able to cross off one answer choice but the time spent counting lines could be better spent just looking at the figures and seeing which is the correct 3d model.

it sometimes works on the real thing...i think it worked for like 4 problems that i had. use it when applicable as a weapon in your arsenal, but certainly not as a be-all end-all strategy. thats my advice.

since we're on the PAT section...anyone have any tips for the pattern folding section? i can't figure out that section for the life of me and it's always the reason why my PAT scores are lower than they should be...