TFE Line counting on 2018 PAT ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Elusive011

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I use DAT bootcamp for my PAT practice and have already read the post on Bootcamp about the DAT being changed to hinder the use of this technique. However, with that being said im wondering if anyone has used line counting as a last resort on the actual DAT? Obviously, it should not be used as a primary technique but instead maybe an easier way to check your work or for some questions where you're confused? I feel like this strategy helps me visualize the 3d object more clearly and map out certain aspects of the object. Although I think feature matching is the best technique and will be using it as my primary strategy for the DAT im wondering if anyone has tried line counting on the more RECENT tests.

If anyone has tried it recently it would be great to hear your experiences!

Members don't see this ad.

I use DAT bootcamp for my PAT practice and have already read the post on Bootcamp about the DAT being changed to hinder the use of this technique. However, with that being said im wondering if anyone has used line counting as a last resort on the actual DAT? Obviously, it should not be used as a primary technique but instead maybe an easier way to check your work or for some questions where you're confused? I feel like this strategy helps me visualize the 3d object more clearly and map out certain aspects of the object. Although I think feature matching is the best technique and will be using it as my primary strategy for the DAT im wondering if anyone has tried line counting on the more RECENT tests.

If anyone has tried it recently it would be great to hear your experiences!
It works only on probably 1/4-1/3 of questions on actual DAT. Keen 3D visualization is the best way to answer all TFE questions.
YS

Reactions: 1 user