Ever Get Excited Over Goofy Science Stuff?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futuredoc331

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
First of all, This doctor path is a little strange for me. I've always had an interest in pharmacology, supplements, hormones, and different things related to working out and general health, but once classes got down to the actual science of it I just couldn't care less.

Anyway, I'm sitting here reading about immunity and the "MAC - membrane attack complex" and these proteins literally attack intruders and inject them with salt, which causes water to rush into them and they blow up.

These things are bad ass!

My wife officially thinks I'm a dork. I'm starting to believe it. Lol

Members don't see this ad.

It injects them with salt to create a gradient ...... :corny: it's such a pain in the ass to work with membrane proteins though...

Perhaps you should consider getting a PhD in Biochemistry/BioPhysic ? :shifty:

Goofy? Goofy?!?! I don't think science is a laughing matter, good sir.

First of all, This doctor path is a little strange for me. I've always had an interest in pharmacology, supplements, hormones, and different things related to working out and general health, but once classes got down to the actual science of it I just couldn't care less.

Anyway, I'm sitting here reading about immunity and the "MAC - membrane attack complex" and these proteins literally attack intruders and inject them with salt, which causes water to rush into them and they blow up.

These things are bad ass!

My wife officially thinks I'm a dork. I'm starting to believe it. Lol

Of course! A few months back I did an easy organic synthesis in order to make glow sticks! Awesome! IMG_1473.JPG

Reactions: 1 user