EVMS admissions statistics?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CruiseGrl7

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what percentage or number of applicants receives a secondary from Eastern Virginia? Also, out of those completing secondaries, how many get interviewed? I have looked through their site and can't seem to find any info. Thanks for your help! :)

Members don't see this ad.

CruiseGrl7 said:
Does anyone know what percentage or number of applicants receives a secondary from Eastern Virginia? Also, out of those completing secondaries, how many get interviewed? I have looked through their site and can't seem to find any info. Thanks for your help! :)

From PR: Not sure how accurate this is, since they have some wrong info on VCU (Out of date perhaps)
After an initial screening of academic credentials, state residency, and other factors, about 50 percent of AMCAS applicants are sent secondary applications. A slightly larger percentage of state-resident applicants are asked to submit secondaries. Of those returning secondaries, about one-third are interviewed between September and March. Interviews consist of one session with a small panel of faculty members and medical students. On interview day, candidates also have the opportunity to meet with current students, tour the campus, and attend group information presentations. About one-third of interviewed candidates are accepted on a rolling basis. Alternate paths to admission are possible for students at schools that have special arrangements with EVMS. These are Old Dominion University, The College of William and Mary, Norfolk State University, Hampton University, and Hampden-Sydney College.

Dr. Hopeless, thanks so much for your quick reply. I am applying there and wasn't sure about when they screen.
:love:

Members don't see this ad :)
I just received an invitation for secondary from EVMS.

Me: non-trad, 43yo male, EMT in ER, interest in international/rural health care.

My stats: MCAT 27M (PS8, VR11, BS8), GPA 3.64, BCMP 3.93

BEST of luck--hope to see you there!

Scotted

DrHopeless said:
After an initial screening of academic credentials, state residency, and other factors, about 50 percent of AMCAS applicants are sent secondary applications. A slightly larger percentage of state-resident applicants are asked to submit secondaries.

WOAH WOAH WOAH. Are you trying to tell me that they screen? And as an out of stater I got a secondary? Wow, that makes me feel good inside :)

I got one last thursday and mailed it off today.

bwells46 said:
I got one last thursday and mailed it off today.

I decided to frame mine instead so I can stare at it before I go to bed. A secondary for me, wow.