Examkrackers vs. Princeton Review

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

popncollas2008

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm planning on taking the MCAT on August 23. I have both the Examkrackers lecture books (including all EK 1001 books), and I also have all of the Princeton Review books. Which is better to use? I would mainly like to hear from people who have actually taken the MCAT and have done well. I want to know which materials you used to help you become successful. For the record, I'm pretty good in Gen Chem, average in Bio, and I absolutely suck at Physics and Organic. I'm pretty sure I can get to where I need to be by August. I just want to know which is the best set of materials to use. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi All,

I'm planning on taking the MCAT on August 23. I have both the Examkrackers lecture books (including all EK 1001 books), and I also have all of the Princeton Review books. Which is better to use? I would mainly like to hear from people who have actually taken the MCAT and have done well. I want to know which materials you used to help you become successful. For the record, I'm pretty good in Gen Chem, average in Bio, and I absolutely suck at Physics and Organic. I'm pretty sure I can get to where I need to be by August. I just want to know which is the best set of materials to use. Thanks.

Took the MCAT twice almost three years ago. TPR is easily the better choice. The first time I took it (September 2008) I only used EK. Scored a 28 (7PS, 9 VR, 12 BS). Took it again (July 2009). Scored a 34 (12PS, 11VR, 11BS).

The EK books are not bad but I think the lack of detail bothered me a little. The Princeton Review Books make you read more but that is not a bad thing. It engages you in a way that would help you understand the material a lot better which is something that matters a lot when you solve questions...

ExamKrackers says that the MCAT is not a test of your knowledge and all that matters is that you score well. I always thought it to be strange to approach an exam that way... You need to know the material to understand what is being asked. Sometimes a "cool" approach takes more time to master than to simply read the material, understand it and then practice the hell out the subject matter. The Princeton review material has a similar philosophy but gives you more support in terms of understanding the stuff on the test...

I'd say use the PR books to study but when practicing questions use both books. if you do this right you'll be running out of practice material and both have good question banks...

I took 4/28. Princeton Review covered half of the material on the PS, and Verbal and BS were pretty even. I was so angry.

I took 4/28. Princeton Review covered half of the material on the PS, and Verbal and BS were pretty even. I was so angry.

que?

What half did it not cover? Please give us a breakdown!