Excel Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Select All That Apply

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Have a question I want to throw out there. I'm collecting data over time and mapping it to a normal distribution, I want to show how the data has changed with each additional new set of data that is added over time. Is there a feature in Excel that shows how the graph changes as new data gets added?

For instance if I'm already mapping f(x)... with a distribution curve present at time A is there a way for me to gradually transition what this graph looks like at time B, time C, time D, and finally at time E where the data is completed in aggregate as a type of fluid movement or .gif file.

Members don't see this ad.

Not sure if there is a specific function to do this, but my first instinct would be to create a new tab with each new data set. You can make a new graph for each tab and combine JPEGs of the graphs into a GIF. This would become quite cumbersome if you had a large number of data sets though...

Easier to create one chart with all data sets, then copy past the chart removing the sets you don’t want to display. Remember to fix your ranges for the axis so that auto scaling etc doesn’t take place.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user