existential crisis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amelie

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
this post really has little to do with premed anything...i just need a hug. i cannot find a job....and i'm at the point where i really really need a job. psychologically, financially, emotionally. and i just received an email about an interview last week...they offered the deal to someone else. ugh. :(

Members don't see this ad.

amelie,

Sorry to hear that. Since you're looking for a job, I take it that you're not applying to med school this year??

ps:
You could probably get more hugs from the Lounge than here in the pre-med. Good luck with everything. :)

aaww, who said we premedders can't hug???

{{{{{{{{amelie}}}}}}}}}}}

I know what you mean. I've been looking for a job but can't find one because I have to take a month off in Dec to get married. Nobody wants to hire me. :( But keep that chin up, we'll get through this.

Members don't see this ad :)
amelie, I know exactly how you feel...this time last year I was desperate for a job and the economy was in the pits.

anyway, ~hugs~ and in a few months you'll forget you felt like this :)

yeah and i've applied for all of those research jobs at the med schools and no one has replied :( >>hugs<< hang in there and something will turn up! keep searching hard!

Hey Amelie--ditto-- keep your chin up!! When I graduated, I couldn't PAY anyone to hire me full time. Five years later when I was in the job market again, the jobs came looking for me--including the one I now have.

I know it's really tough to get through, with the rejection and the lack of money being a double whammy. But you'll get through it somehow, I'm confident, and then you'll appreciate your good fortune even more. :)

Amelie, you will get through this magnificently. And when you look back at this time, it will be a source of strength and a measure of character.

Just remember - there are as many neurons in your brain as there are stars in the galaxy ...

- Tae

{{amelie}},

I know that online hugs suck, but know that if we were there in person would we give ya hugs..keep your chin up. I get depressed all the time too (due to life's extrenuating circumstances), so I know what you mean, but you gotta hang in there...

thank you everybody. yesterday was just the absolute pits. but i am feeling a little better about the world today...

ameile,
i posted this somewhere else, but look into teaching for kaplan or the princeton review! (or examcrakers if you're in the nyc/nj area). if you scored well on at least one subject on the MCAT (12+) than you can probably teach it--they need teachers pretty badly nowadays. and they pay pretty well too!
if not the mcat, what about the SAT? (pays less, but it's still $$, and a fun, laid-back job).

amelie--
here's another idea to make some money that I just realized today. Research Experiments!! Hey, I haven't done it before but I am seriously thinking about doing the non-invasive ones atleast. I am going to sign up or one that pays me 400 bucks!!

Originally posted by Tweetie_bird
amelie--
here's another idea to make some money that I just realized today. Research Experiments!! Hey, I haven't done it before but I am seriously thinking about doing the non-invasive ones atleast. I am going to sign up or one that pays me 400 bucks!!

A couple of my friends did one that was $700. It had to do with lifting a heavy box as many times as you could for an hour or so on at least 4 different days (timed with their cycles). The point was so that the Army could find the effect of the menstrual cycle on physical strength or something like that.

Also, one of those same friends did a hormonal study. I don't know what hormones they gave her, but they paid her a lot for it (several hundred). She had to go off the pill for that, of course.

:clap: :clap: :clap:
I HAVE A JOB INTERVIEW ON MONDAY!!!!!

(i know that doesn't equal job....but at least i might have a prospect!!)

Thank you all for the encouragement!

wow, that's great news!! good luck!! :) :clap: :clap: :clap: