rdaepoc

2+ Year Member
Feb 14, 2017
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
In order to make an informed choice about fellowship programs. What do you guys think would be reasonable "milestones" after F-1, F-2, F-3 year . Any current fellows or GutOnc can shed some light on this?

gutonc

No Meat, No Treat
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
15+ Year Member
Mar 6, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
In order to make an informed choice about fellowship programs. What do you guys think would be reasonable "milestones" after F-1, F-2, F-3 year . Any current fellows or GutOnc can shed some light on this?
I don't really understand what you're asking here? Could you elaborate?

Reactions: 3 users

Metaform

Fellow, Hematology/Oncology
10+ Year Member
Apr 9, 2011
Status (Visible)
  1. Fellow [Any Field]
Neither do I. Your topic title suggest you've finished your first year but your content suggests you're thinking about applying. What's the deal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About the Ads

IM2GI

7+ Year Member
Dec 5, 2013
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Are you saying you want to pubmed current fellows at programs you are gonna interview at to size them up and see how productive they are?

Seems like a stupid metric.

Reactions: 1 user

rdaepoc

2+ Year Member
Feb 14, 2017
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Hi, sorry for the confusion. Let me explain a little more. The reason I wanted to figure out what would be reasonable expectations after finishing F-1, F-2, F-3 is so that when I interview at places I can "size them up" to come to my conclusion if those programs are as good as they are marketed to be. This is because I dont have much of a reference point since my program does not have fellowship and I havent had much interactions with fellows.

Basically to estimate whether the fellows are a reflection of the program or not?

IM2GI

7+ Year Member
Dec 5, 2013
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Hi, sorry for the confusion. Let me explain a little more. The reason I wanted to figure out what would be reasonable expectations after finishing F-1, F-2, F-3 is so that when I interview at places I can "size them up" to come to my conclusion if those programs are as good as they are marketed to be. This is because I dont have much of a reference point since my program does not have fellowship and I havent had much interactions with fellows.

As I thought, see above, seems stupid.

dohgrl76

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 7, 2008
The Springs
Status (Visible)
  1. Fellow [Any Field]
Ha! As a fellow who recently completed first year, the only milestone I achieved was surviving. So I suppose by nature of that fact that I am still alive, that can be measured?

visari

5+ Year Member
Sep 14, 2013
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
What's your goal in fellowship and what are you looking to achieve afterwards academically and personally? go interview and talk to fellows at pre-interview dinners and on interview days and see how you fit. that's a better metric to use than "pubmeding" fellows

Metaform

Fellow, Hematology/Oncology
10+ Year Member
Apr 9, 2011
Status (Visible)
  1. Fellow [Any Field]
I have no idea wth OP is trying to say/ask. Listen friend, apply, interview and just get the damn job.

Believe me you will see the fellows on interview day and see who's miserable and who's not. I certainly did. Also it's hard to dress up a bare bones benefits package. If they're touting $100 a month towards food in the cafeteria as a inducement then you know they don't have much. On the interview day most good places are more than willing to share where Alums have gone. You can tell by that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About the Ads
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.