Experienced Step 1 and Step 2 CK/CS Tutor

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rads17

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dear Prospective Students,

Are you looking to improve your USMLE Board scores to have the best opportunity for any residency program?

My name is Michael Shriver and I currently am a 4th-year medical student at Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine in Cleveland, Ohio. I will be graduating this coming May with my M.D. and be pursuing a residency in Diagnostic Radiology. I was recently inducted into the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society for my school.

For my undergraduate degree, I earned a Bachelor of Science in Biology and Chemistry from Le Moyne College, a small Jesuit College in Syracuse, NY. During my time at Le Moyne I tutored fellow college classmates for two years in General Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Biology, Anatomy and Physiology, and Statistics for the Academic Support Center on campus. During medical school, I have helped instruct in the medical school curriculum of the first and second-year students, and have tutored USMLE subjects for 20+ students.

I have always found it very fulfilling to help others understand these complex and arduous subjects. While I do have the responsibilities of medical school to still balance, I am available most nights of the week, along with days/nights on weekends. I greatly look forward to helping anyone with whatever questions he or she may have so that they may succeed in the subject at hand.

I have 9 publications currently in various Neurosurgical peer-reviewed journals, with over 15 oral and poster presentations at national meetings. I received a 37T on the Medical College Admissions Test (MCAT), a 269 on the Step 1 USMLE board examination, and a 278 on the Step 2 CK USMLE.

My idea of a good education is to not learn solely for the test. While tests are critical for progression in the academic world we live, I feel that proper learning of a subject will allow people to call upon the knowledge for years to come. I will consistently push students to strive for further, well-rounded understanding. No matter the time requirement, I will always be willing and able to provide assistance whenever requested by students. I derive much happiness from witnessing the progress of students in their medical education and look forward to the opportunity to help out fellow medical colleagues. Thank you for this opportunity, and I look forward to working with you.

I currently charge a rate of $80 per hour, which is significantly less than most other tutoring services, but this is negotiable for students who are interested in purchasing multiple hours of tutoring at a time. The lessons are completed through Skype, which I have found to be very successful with numerous students. While we will discuss various topics during our hour-long sessions, I provide additional services outside of the formal sessions. In addition, I would be more than happy to tailor a specific study schedule for each student based on the amount of time until the student's examination. I will also answer any questions a student has through email between our sessions.

If interested, please reply to this post or email me directly at [email protected].

I hope I have the pleasure to work with you and believe that no matter your current situation, we can work together as a team to ensure success on these arduous, yet necessary, board examinations. At the end of this posting is a review I received from one of my students after completing 10+ sessions with her.

Sincerely,
Michael Shriver

Trust me, you want to learn from the best.
I prefer learning from someone who knows what to do to get results. Perks of having Michael as your tutor: Personalized study plan. Knowledgeable, encouraging, and patient tutor. Highlights the most tested concepts on exams. Incorporates question from various question banks into tutoring sessions. Integrates concepts from different disciplines (which is what the USMLE likes to test you on). You can really understand why Michael has had so much success in his USMLE exams when you attend his lessons. He will tell you where to direct your energy at (what is important and what is less important), how to study, and the potential questions that you may encounter on the exam. Most important of all, he is super NICE. You would never feel bad about you asking the basic questions or any question for that matter. He has a way to explain the concepts in a clear and interesting way. I used to have a lot of anxiety and confusion when I studied for the same materials in med school; now I look forward to my tutoring sessions with Michael and have so much fun learning the materials I once regarded as tedious and complicated. The best part? You see results when you're doing questions from the question banks.
— Alexis, Johns Hopkins

Members don't see this ad.