Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
After wrapping up my interview season I have a rough rank list but the program sitting at tentative #1 has raised a question for me. I think the program has just about everything I'm looking for. The only factor that I'm not so enthusiastic about is their non-independent night call. Most of the other programs I interviewed with (including the other 4 programs in my top 5) had independent call and I tend to agree with the benefits that residents/faculty cite from the experience (more comfortable making decisions, improved efficiency/speed, etc...). When speaking with residents at this program they were supportive of their call structure but I thought asking for opinions/experiences anonymously may be more helpful. For some background I have an interest in working in academic radiology, more focus on education/training than pumping out research. Although who knows if I'll choose academics over private practice 6-7 years from now?
Thank you!
Thank you!