Extracurriculars for Residency App

Started by kl323
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

kl323

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all,

I was reading "Charting Outcomes in the Match" (Published by NRMP).

Anyway, I was looking at some stats (Mean # of research experience, mean # of jobs, mean # of volunteer, etc etc).

I'm starting to get a little concern about what I have. I'm almost a second year. I can only say I'm involved with clubs, did some shadowing, have one job.

I can't imagine doing anything more from now till application time.

I do understand board scores and clinical grades are key. But my main question is and just to confirm my suspicion... All of the activities they ask you to list on the app pertains to things I've done DURING med school right? I can't/shouldn't include anything I did during my gap year unless its something significant (e.g. publication)... correct?

Advice and inputs are greatly appreciated!

FYI, I'm looking to get into EM.