Extracurriculars in vet med

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

vetsahoyVMCVM

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone! I have been reading threads about residencies/internships wanting strong letter of recs and extracurricular activities. Now, the only thing I can think of for extracurricular activities would be being a member of clubs? What else is there??
 
Hey everyone! I have been reading threads about residencies/internships wanting strong letter of recs and extracurricular activities. Now, the only thing I can think of for extracurricular activities would be being a member of clubs? What else is there??
Clubs, not just membership but leadership and active involvement/actually having an impact on how the club operates and the resources that it provides for members, attending and/or presenting at conferences, spending time shadowing/volunteering/working in your area of interest, research...things like that