Facial hair for interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ragingbull_

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know this has been discussed before but Im looking for an updated answer. I have an interivew Friday at Rutgers and want to know if I should shave my facial hair. It's a very good beard and well kept.

Members don't see this ad.

I know this has been discussed before but Im looking for an updated answer. I have an interivew Friday at Rutgers and want to know if I should shave my facial hair. It's a very good beard and well kept.
I definitely think you should shave. It's looks much more professional. Many people who leave their facial hair on often look tacky and not put together.

Members don't see this ad :)
Man, I am a diehard beard wearer, but if I end up with interviews (fingers crossed) I will shave. There just is no upside to having the beard, but there is potential downside. It only takes one conservative, hippy-hating old school doc on your interview panel to take a set against you and its over. Why risk it? Clean it up, your beard will grow back.

Reactions: 1 users
I had a beard in all my interviews. Being clean shaven is not anymore professional, that is absurd. Plenty of doctors I've worked with in school and outside of school sport a well-kept beard.

Reactions: 1 users
I had a beard in all my interviews. Being clean shaven is not anymore professional, that is absurd. Plenty of doctors I've worked with in school and outside of school sport a well-kept beard.
Thank you

Man, I am a diehard beard wearer, but if I end up with interviews (fingers crossed) I will shave. There just is no upside to having the beard, but there is potential downside. It only takes one conservative, hippy-hating old school doc on your interview panel to take a set against you and its over. Why risk it? Clean it up, your beard will grow back.
Thank you

A lot will depend on the age of the interviewer, a shaved face will offend no one, why take a chance?

Just my 2 cents

Nancy

Reactions: 1 user