Jun 1, 2017
Status
Pre-Dental
I know this has been discussed before but Im looking for an updated answer. I have an interivew Friday at Rutgers and want to know if I should shave my facial hair. It's a very good beard and well kept.

I know this has been discussed before but Im looking for an updated answer. I have an interivew Friday at Rutgers and want to know if I should shave my facial hair. It's a very good beard and well kept.
I definitely think you should shave. It's looks much more professional. Many people who leave their facial hair on often look tacky and not put together.

About the Ads

My concern is I look very young without it. Like I said the beard is trimmed and short
I think as long as it looks neat and in order, you should be fine then.

Last edited by a moderator:

rabbott1971

2+ Year Member
Apr 26, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Man, I am a diehard beard wearer, but if I end up with interviews (fingers crossed) I will shave. There just is no upside to having the beard, but there is potential downside. It only takes one conservative, hippy-hating old school doc on your interview panel to take a set against you and its over. Why risk it? Clean it up, your beard will grow back.

ncide

2+ Year Member
Mar 2, 2015
Status
Dental Student
I had a beard in all my interviews. Being clean shaven is not anymore professional, that is absurd. Plenty of doctors I've worked with in school and outside of school sport a well-kept beard.

OP
M
Jun 1, 2017
Status
Pre-Dental
I had a beard in all my interviews. Being clean shaven is not anymore professional, that is absurd. Plenty of doctors I've worked with in school and outside of school sport a well-kept beard.
Thank you

OP
M
Jun 1, 2017
Status
Pre-Dental
Man, I am a diehard beard wearer, but if I end up with interviews (fingers crossed) I will shave. There just is no upside to having the beard, but there is potential downside. It only takes one conservative, hippy-hating old school doc on your interview panel to take a set against you and its over. Why risk it? Clean it up, your beard will grow back.
Thank you

orgoman22

DAT DESTROYER... Dr. Romano and Nancy
Lifetime Donor
Sponsor
Vendor
10+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2005
New York City
www.orgoman.com
Status
Non-Student
A lot will depend on the age of the interviewer, a shaved face will offend no one, why take a chance?

Just my 2 cents

Nancy

Reactions: Apramana
About the Ads