bonez318ti

Future Rally Medic
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 7, 2004
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Are people filling out FAFSA and adding school codes for schools that they have been waitlisted (or perhaps not even interviewed at yet)?

I have an acceptance some waitlists and some interviews still pending, should I just put the school code for the school I was accepted at, or should I send them to all of the schools?

virilep

What can Brown do for u?
15+ Year Member
Feb 12, 2004
Visit site
Status
yea sure. It can't hurt. If anything, when the schools that you are on the waitlist for get your FAFSA and see that u designated them, they'll be happy to know you're intentions on coming there. So yeah, and plus it doesn't cost extra money to add more schools. gluck! I gotta fill out my FAFSA soon.

PBMaxx

MS4
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 26, 2004
Illinois
Status
Medical Student
SCUBA GIRL said:
when is fafsa due again?

"Priority Filing" date is March 1st. I think that the absolute deadline is sometime in June.

Attentive

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 6, 2004
Status
bonez318ti said:
Are people filling out FAFSA and adding school codes for schools that they have been waitlisted (or perhaps not even interviewed at yet)?

I have an acceptance some waitlists and some interviews still pending, should I just put the school code for the school I was accepted at, or should I send them to all of the schools?
I read in a different FAFSA thread that there's a chance to correct your school designations once they return it to you. So whatever you put in the initial application is still open to change. So it couldn't hurt to put in hopeful schools.

virilep

What can Brown do for u?
15+ Year Member
Feb 12, 2004
Visit site
Status
actually, some schools are different. my school is march 15th priority. vanderbilt was feb 15th. so i think ya better check with ur office.

futrorthodr

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 17, 2004
Status
How much will it hurt your chances of receiving full funding if you are a day or two late in submitting fafsa?? Some of the schools I applied to have the end of Feb as the priority date. I have completed fafsa and applied for the pin yesterday but it can take up to three business to get the pin thus pushing me to March 1st before I can file. Should I print the application off sign it and send it overnight ?? :scared:

bobhagopian

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 10, 2005
Status
I was filling out the FAFSA today and noticed there are only six spaces available to list schools. With the deadline fast approaching and 1 acceptance + 8 waiting to hears, is there any way for me to designate all 9 (any of which I would be happy to attend)? Or is the only way to correct the list of schools later?

domukin

Mastermind
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 13, 2005
Status
The way I understand it, you can list only 6 schools, but that doesn't stop you from receiving aid through a say 7th school. Just list the ones you really want to go to and/or have aceptances, and call the financial aid office of the others asking them what their specific process is.

I asked Temple about it, and they said I would have to turn in a paper fafsa directly to them along with tax information, etc, if they were not listed in the 6 spaces.

B

Blade28

I filled out the FAFSA in early January of senior year, before I'd heard from any schools. I needed to secure that financial aid! :)