FAFSA & school - questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Spotinho

Just trying to be useful...
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I was getting ready to apply for FAFSA, however I wasn't sure if I had to send it to all schools I am applying to? (I haven't applied yet, working on my shadowing). Or should I wait until I receive an interview/acceptance?

Also, attempting to find answers to the first, there was a couple of comments alluding that there was no benefit of applying to FAFSA early (in the example of medical school) since loans are not based on need. However, I did find (again with the example of medical school) others saying that there are exceptions if your school uses FAFSA for determining (typically need based) school scholarships they offer and have a deadline.

Having gone through the process yourself, do you find theses "exceptions" to be true in podiatry school? (How early did you apply?) If yes or no could you share what school you are attending or pm me.

Since things always change, maybe my best shot is just to call individual schools.

Thank you all in advance for any feedback.

Members don't see this ad.

Just submit it when you get accepted and know what school. I’m pretty sure at one of my interviews they just said to make sure it’s done by the summer you matriculate. It’s nothing urgent. If you haven’t interviewed yet it should be the last of your worries focus on that later.

Reactions: 1 users
Just submit it when you get accepted and know what school. I’m pretty sure at one of my interviews they just said to make sure it’s done by the summer you matriculate. It’s nothing urgent. If you haven’t interviewed yet it should be the last of your worries focus on that later.

I agree. I was accepted with scholarships to multiple schools last year without having submitted a FAFSA. I completed it once I committed. Feel free to PM me if you want to know anything more specific.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
You want to apply for FAFSA to schools you have yet to apply to, be interviewed, and probably get an acceptance? lol

In any case, I submitted my FAFSA application 20 days before classes started and everything worked out pretty smoothly. Some of the others started the day before classes began and everything worked out well for them as well.

One step at a time, apply first, then take it from there!

Reactions: 2 users
Thank you all! taking it one step at a time :)