Failed 1 class and now I’m doubting my future

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ravenx

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
This semester I transferred from a community college to a four-year institution; I’m a Junior and currently failing 1 class. I’m taking five courses in total and have 3 A’s and 1 B. For the course that I’m failing, I’m going to have either an F or a D. That class is Ecology, and the grading is based only on three exams, and I failed the first 2. Knowing that I will finish the semester with a D or an F made me consider if med school is even right for me anymore. I can’t drop the class because I would fall from 13 credits to 11 credits making me part-time, and it would affect my financial aid and scholarships. My GPA as of right now is a 3.3, and this would make it go down. Aside from school, I haven’t shadowed any doctor or done any research programs. Although, before COVID, I was volunteering at a hospital and patiently waiting to hear back from them when they reactivate. The ironic thing is I’m a bio major, and I’m doing very well in organic chemistry while failing ecology. I know I can’t blame the professor, but the way he teaches does not help. The whole class is based on three exams, and to pass, I must jot down EVERYTHING he says word for word; otherwise, I’ll stumble across a question which he only talked about for a split second. I would be grateful to hear your opinions on this. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Just drop the class.

Edit: Im aware it will make you part time, but what a F or D will do to your 3.3 GPA is much much worse than going part time for one semester.

Last edited:
  • Dislike
  • Hmm
Reactions: 2 users