You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
FAILED 3RD TIME IN NBDE PART 1
Started by anaaa123
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
You must a be dentist from outside of the U.S., judging from your status it shows that you are already a Dentist. Any who, don't give up! I would get with a dental student in your area, who has already took Board-Part I, maybe pay him/her since they're all pretty much broke, to help you pass the test. GL
Ohh sorry to hear that, i'm still waiting for my result. But hey dont give up! what was your score?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That wasn't bad Ana, don't give up, stop to think where you could put some more effort or give it a try at some other test material you didn't use before!
Last edited:
please dont you ever give up, i think you were anxious, calm down and believe you will pass, get into discussions with people find your fault areas, do you answer before you thouroughly understand the questions, do you guess a lot, do you have full knowledge prior to the exam, fear is a big issue even if you know all it clouds your judgement so please calm well dont rush the next exam meanwhile get with a fourth year dental student dont be afraid to learn from younger ones, get people who have done the exam before and ask the good and the bad, it is well i believe you will passHey
I failed 3rd time and now I am very depressed.
I don't what to do now
what should I do? should I wait for 1 year and try in for forth time or just give up and start looking for other options like Dental assistant n dental hygienist?
please help me...
I am having the same problem- would you be willing to give me some advicehey anaa
I failed three times myself and cleared in 4th attempt
I was getting 68,72, 70 and then pass.
pm me with your study tactics and routine. I might can help u
take care
It's gonna be hard to pass a US dental school if you cannot pass the boards.
Not sure I agree. The only difficult course in our third year was pharmacology and that met three days a week. Everything else was just fine really.
Boards are tough. Covers a lot of material. Who knows how long OP has been out of school.
Not sure I agree. The only difficult course in our third year was pharmacology and that met three days a week. Everything else was just fine really.
Boards are tough. Covers a lot of material. Who knows how long OP has been out of school.
The people who are struggling at our school are the ones who didn't pass.
The people who are struggling at our school are the ones who didn't pass.
I completely disagree here. A lot of smart students in my class didn't pass the board. There are a few reasons why this happens:
1. The score is based on the group that you take on the specific days. If you are lucky, you are probably taking the exam with the group that barely prepare for the exam and you manage pass because this group didn't do well.
2. Topics are so random. If you are lucky, you may get questions base on the topics that you reviewed in details. Otherwise, you are out of luck if they ask questions on the diseases that you never heard of. This is just like studying for the Biology section of the DAT.
3. Board is sightly more difficult to pass in the recent years. There is a link that posted by someone on SDN that shows a 10% increase of people who failed the exam. Therefore, the materials that people used in the past might not be enough to pass the board today.
Not sure I agree. The only difficult course in our third year was pharmacology and that met three days a week. Everything else was just fine really.
Boards are tough. Covers a lot of material. Who knows how long OP has been out of school.
People get kicked out for not passing boards in my school.
Here is what I did to pass:
-put all the Pass the Dental Boards playlists onto my iPod shuffle and listened to them while studying/working out daily until they were memorized.
-went through first aid/DBM app. and wrote down any questions/concepts I didn't know cold
-10+ practice exams under testing conditions. this was really helpful for building exam day endurance/getting a feel for it.
I basically succeeded due to repetition and familiarity with the concepts. Feel free to message me if you want tips/thoughts.
-put all the Pass the Dental Boards playlists onto my iPod shuffle and listened to them while studying/working out daily until they were memorized.
-went through first aid/DBM app. and wrote down any questions/concepts I didn't know cold
-10+ practice exams under testing conditions. this was really helpful for building exam day endurance/getting a feel for it.
I basically succeeded due to repetition and familiarity with the concepts. Feel free to message me if you want tips/thoughts.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Youtube: Pass The Dental BoardsWhere would I find the "Pass the Dental Boards playlists"
Thanks!Youtube: Pass The Dental Boards