Failed Comp 3x at Medical University of the Americas, Withdraw myself.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JacobT2675

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I failed comp for 3rd time back in April of 2015 at MUA. Instead of being admin withdrawn, I went ahead and withdrew myself. I passed all 5 semesters, and the only thing I did not pass was the comp exam. Several family health issues arose in between last year and half, which prompted me to take a step back from medicine. Now I am in the process of applying to transfer to another carribean school. What are some recommendations for carribean schools that would be able to sponsor me to either take Step 1 directly, or take the comp exam again, and proceed to step 1. Just trying to find a good direction moving forward.

Members don't see this ad.

What did you end up doing?

I had the same problem. I applied to Windsor and they wanted me to fly to chicago to take semester 5 again, but I also heard horror stories about how they don't prepare students and how most of them never get a residency. I do want to spend more money and never match.

Back to MUA for, they made me come and pay for med 5 again and I failed for the 4th time. The first time I failed by 4 pts, the other times 1 or 2 points. I feel like it was rigged against me and I wasted $100,000+ at MUA. I cannot get into school because I failed out, I have a huge gap in employment because of MUA so I cannot find a job. feel like MUA is a fraud and I feel like something should be done about it. They wasted my life and drowned me in loans while frauding 100s of students a year and are swimming in our money.