Failed CPJE 3x

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jonyme724

Reaction score
I failed CPJE 3 times this year. I got 74 on all three of them....74....... I got average on score on Area 1: Patient Medications but low score on Area 2: Patient Outcomes and Area 3: Pharmacy Operations.
I memorized every drug/indications/side effect/contraindications/highlighted dosing on rxprep book and just memorized everything on the law section. I thought I passed right after the exam on all three but did not pass by 1 point....
I have one more try. Can anyone help what I should do?

Members don't see this ad.

I failed CPJE 3 times this year. I got 74 on all three of them....74....... I got average on score on Area 1: Patient Medications but low score on Area 2: Patient Outcomes and Area 3: Pharmacy Operations.
I memorized every drug/indications/side effect/contraindications/highlighted dosing on rxprep book and just memorized everything on the law section. I thought I passed right after the exam on all three but did not pass by 1 point....
I have one more try. Can anyone help what I should do?

how'd you study and what resources did you use? dam.. that sucks though SO CLOSE yet SO FAR .. :(

Members don't see this ad :)
how'd you study and what resources did you use? dam.. that sucks though SO CLOSE yet SO FAR .. :(

I made quizlet and memorized every drugs, brand name, dosing (underlined), side effects, contraindication that was on rxprep and made quizlet on cpje laws and memorized them and also did quizzes on rxprep cpje. I felt I knew all the qs on the exam but I didnt quite get 1-2 qs which seemed impossible to know the answer cuz they were drugs I never heard of in my life.... I went to school out-of-state so idk if ca pharmacy school teach sth different but this state exams have some issue.

I'm not a fan of quizlet. I believe it's better to have one set of study materials and know it really well, so that you can reference them in your head during the exam. I used Rxprep and wrote out the important stuff for about half the most important chapters I felt would be on the exam (i.e. asthma, COPD, DM, ID, CV, Pain, compounding, etc.). I also wrote out notes on the CPJE law manual. Good luck.

Same problem!
Does it really matter what season to take the CPJE? Some people say if you take it with new grads in the summer your chance is higher.
Any ideas?