Failed Genetics M1 - residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

steveo464

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I'm really concerned about this. I just received an N grade in medical genetics. I honestly was just late for the last quiz because of a traffic incident and missed 5 points and now i failed by 1 point. I'm able to remediate during the winter break, but an N grade will appear on my transcript followed by the standard P for pass.

How bad does this hurt my residency chances? all of my other grades are good, most above class average. I aspire to be an ER doc but want to keep options open.

Advice going foward?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Have you spoken to your class director or the administrator in charge of the year?

It's a red flag, but it's not the death of your dreams. Do well from now on and you'll make up for it.

Hey Guys,

I'm really concerned about this. I just received an N grade in medical genetics. I honestly was just late for the last quiz because of a traffic incident and missed 5 points and now i failed by 1 point. I'm able to remediate during the winter break, but an N grade will appear on my transcript followed by the standard P for pass.

How bad does this hurt my residency chances? all of my other grades are good, most above class average. I aspire to be an ER doc but want to keep options open.

Advice going foward?

Thanks

Doesn't matter. Just make sure you pass your remediation.

I have a meeting with him on monday. Thanks for the support