Failed Step 1, now applying to Psychiatry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Daved

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi y'all.

I was wondering if I could get some tips on applying to residencies.

Red flag:
- Failed Step 1 (don't recommend planning a wedding around step 1).

I ended up with upper 240s on Step 2. Took a research year. I have 5+ pubs (a few first author), and a few submitted. I have 10 posters. From a mid-tier California school. No other red flags.

I was wondering if I should do anything differently from traditional students? How to use signals? I'm interested in research/addiction and have a strong personal statement.