May 24, 2016
Hello,
I really need some advice because I honestly don't know what to do at this point. I am a US IMG and I wanted to apply for this upcoming match. I will be taking CK soon and my step 1 score is 197. I'm doing much better with CK (last practice NBME I got around 223) so I'm hoping for a higher score. I did most of my clinicals here and I have 3 LOR's from US IM doctors. I've been doing observerships few times a week with 2 different doctors in their private clinics (since I graduated in October of last year) not to lose touch with pt interactions.
I already sent out another application for CS and I'm waiting for the scheduling permit. I'm devastated that I didn't pass this exam being that I studied with the FA, watched videos and practiced with someone, plus I thought I knew how to talk to pts, but I guess not :(
Any advice anyone could give me regarding applying to programs, anything I can do to improve my chances or is anyone in the same crappy situation? I appreciate any feedback, thanks.

cabergoline2

5+ Year Member
Nov 23, 2015
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I am sorry to hear about your situation... CIS is somewhat unpredictable and depends upon the check list the sps may have...I have a strong feeling that failure in CIS is often because of subconsciously making the same mistakes repeatedly ...I d suggest you to concentrate on ck and then get good practice of CIS...you can pm me if you want to...

About the Ads
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.