Step II Failed Step 2 CS (CIS part)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Blonde_Girl

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,
I really need some advice because I honestly don't know what to do at this point. I am a US IMG and I wanted to apply for this upcoming match. I will be taking CK soon and my step 1 score is 197. I'm doing much better with CK (last practice NBME I got around 223) so I'm hoping for a higher score. I did most of my clinicals here and I have 3 LOR's from US IM doctors. I've been doing observerships few times a week with 2 different doctors in their private clinics (since I graduated in October of last year) not to lose touch with pt interactions.
I already sent out another application for CS and I'm waiting for the scheduling permit. I'm devastated that I didn't pass this exam being that I studied with the FA, watched videos and practiced with someone, plus I thought I knew how to talk to pts, but I guess not 🙁
Any advice anyone could give me regarding applying to programs, anything I can do to improve my chances or is anyone in the same crappy situation? I appreciate any feedback, thanks.
 
I am sorry to hear about your situation... CIS is somewhat unpredictable and depends upon the check list the sps may have...I have a strong feeling that failure in CIS is often because of subconsciously making the same mistakes repeatedly ...I d suggest you to concentrate on ck and then get good practice of CIS...you can pm me if you want to...