Failed The CS??????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mideis79

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am an IMG that fail this dumb test. Believe it or not, I am an Americian born. I fail in ICE. This is what I don't understand. Gathering info was from low to the middle, but my Pt note was only 4xs on low. I know my handwriting was legible. I know how to right :p (write) a pt note HPI, PE, DD, Plan. I dont know where I lost points. I admit there were about 4 pts that I might forgot to put something down. As with every pt:

(A) I did the combination of PQRST and LIQOR method and PAM HUG FOS as my back bone

(B) did very quick heent cvs pulm abd

(C) dd I put things down that were relevant to the case (like I said earlier I was iffy about 4 cases b/c (1) told the pt a possible dx but forgot to write it on note with test associated with dd (2) knew the plan but I knew my dd was weak (3) I realized after I sat down forgot to ask patient an import ? about history happen on 2 pt one being the immunization status on a child.

(D) the plan I put the million dollar workup as shown in the 1st aide.

I figured I would have just have taken some points off. I know I would not get a 99% but 75 to 85%. Sadly enough my attendings told me I wrote good notes. I would go back and see if there were crossed off or amended and they weren't. There were times were some things were add, we all cant be superstar medstudents...:laugh: I dont understand why my pn was scored sooooo low????? :confused: IF anyone can shed some light in where I might have gone wrong, I greatly appreciate it. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I am an IMG that fail this dumb test. Believe it or not, I am an Americian born. I fail in ICE. This is what I don't understand. Gathering info was from low to the middle, but my Pt note was only 4xs on low. I know my handwriting was legible. I know how to right :p (write) a pt note HPI, PE, DD, Plan. I dont know where I lost points. I admit there were about 4 pts that I might forgot to put something down. As with every pt:

(A) I did the combination of PQRST and LIQOR method and PAM HUG FOS as my back bone

(B) did very quick heent cvs pulm abd

(C) dd I put things down that were relevant to the case (like I said earlier I was iffy about 4 cases b/c (1) told the pt a possible dx but forgot to write it on note with test associated with dd (2) knew the plan but I knew my dd was weak (3) I realized after I sat down forgot to ask patient an import ? about history happen on 2 pt one being the immunization status on a child.

(D) the plan I put the million dollar workup as shown in the 1st aide.

I figured I would have just have taken some points off. I know I would not get a 99% but 75 to 85%. Sadly enough my attendings told me I wrote good notes. I would go back and see if there were crossed off or amended and they weren't. There were times were some things were add, we all cant be superstar medstudents...:laugh: I dont understand why my pn was scored sooooo low????? :confused: IF anyone can shed some light in where I might have gone wrong, I greatly appreciate it. Thanks

from reading your post, i can understand how your note may have been difficult to follow. your grammar is not so stellar.

good luck next time.

from reading your post, i can understand how your note may have been difficult to follow. your grammar is not so stellar.

good luck next time.

sorry to the OP, but i agree w/ this response. and also best of luck next time.