Failed wreb

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anteater831

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Damn, this sucks. Can anyone PM me if u failed it and passed the second time? I wasted so much money to take it. I am out of school too. Just gotta suck it up, pay another 10 G's to take it and hopefully pass.

Members don't see this ad.

hi:
I am so sorry to hear that, it is very painful to me seeing one of my freinds, in dental field, fails. It is costly, time consuming and damaging. However, let me tell you this, lots of people for the wreb, fail the first time and I am not an exception. I failed it the first time, however, I sat down and wrote a note to myself, where I went wrong. I am sure you are gonna do fine the second time, since you have been there, less stress, and you are expereinced. Please let me know if I can do anything for you :(
take care
I feel you

Dear friend:
the board, is a game, it is just a matter of luck and having a good pt. You are not the only one I have been there, don't let examiners let you down, I know they don't care. I was in the same place as you are now just 6 months ago. It is very tough. I spent 15G. I was broke and in debt. And they were partying drinking and were drunk in the stupid hotel. They are so inconsiderate, bunch of doctors who don't remember their past.
the way that WREB presenting themselves,I mean the examiners, is that very soon, not many people gonna apply to their exams since they are so anal about what they are doing. That is why ADA made lots of changes in the licensing rules in other states.

they fail people, they pok into the pulp and say you did it, find stupid stuff, that I think has nothing to do with your skill. They suck big time and they almost made alot of good students mental.

Man, I am out of school. Working full time as a temp just to afford all this crap.

Members don't see this ad :)
I failed WREB recently by 0.09%.If anyone has appealed before & passed,kindly let me know.I would like to discuss this with you.
Thanks in advance.

don't try to appeal point for the WREB because you will waste youe money and time. Use the next money for the next exam. I am speaking to you from experience with one of my candidates. The appeal process is not the way to go.

I failed WREB recently by 0.09%.If anyone has appealed before & passed,kindly let me know.I would like to discuss this with you.
Thanks in advance.

I am waiting for my results and can't decide if i passed or failed! I had a patient rejection and got a pink slip for demineralization which the floor examiner told me at the most I lost all 6 points for the internal form. So for sure I lost 9 points. One of my friends failed who got no pink slips and felt well after the exam. It feels like they take off points here and there and they add up fast. I felt very prepared for the exam and was organized had an amazing assistant and stellar patients. I overall feel good about the exam but now that I am hearing scores they are not high and I am starting to get worried. Did anyone get pink slips like me and still pass? Help I can't sleep!
I used the Lu lau service and the patients were perfect! It costs a pretty penny though. About 10 of my friends used the other agency and most were rejected, one coded in the chair, one had a latex allergy, and then he ran out of patients.

I don't want to be like this, but I would register for another exam
:(

The wreb, even those who don't get pink, bearly pass it, If have pt rejection, then demineralization. It means you just lost 9 point on the spot. I am sure no matter how good you do in your prep, you will loose more than what it needs to pass your operative section. I don't know how you did in your other section. I have taken the board, I know they suck, and they suck big time. It is known that now, they are the money making company rather than being just the regional examiners. I think ADA have noticed that too. I have been riped off by Wreb. I was the most organized, good student still failed the wreb. they reduce points crazy. Wait untill you see your result. I don't want to be discouraging, but If I were you, I would register for the next exam.

WREB sucks. They took my money too. I felt confident that day that I passed. So they expect to save another 10G's? I need a new job to afford this.

Thanks for the advice. I signed up for two exams in the beginning because I am such an optimist. I am signed up for the Seattle site but might switch to a sooner one. I should get my results next week so I will let you know. I feel like the WREB has a pretty high passing rate but I feel like it is high if your school offers the exam and trains you for it. I go to school on the east coast that offers and trains for the NERB and if you fail it the first time you have a 100% passing rate pretty much the second time. If I have to take the WREB again and pay another 10gs I will shoot myself. I'm not sure what I would do different besides the patient rejection ( which was my friend not the agency) and not leaving demineralization. I guess I will try to enjoy life until I get my scores if that is possible.

I agree with you. Life is beautiful regardless of what is happening. There is something that I don't agree with you though, High passing score for wreb? that is not true, I have had people from the west cost schools who also failed this exams for none sence reasons, anyway, I hope it all works fine for you and I hope you pass it.
good luck

Thanks for the advice. I signed up for two exams in the beginning because I am such an optimist. I am signed up for the Seattle site but might switch to a sooner one. I should get my results next week so I will let you know. I feel like the WREB has a pretty high passing rate but I feel like it is high if your school offers the exam and trains you for it. I go to school on the east coast that offers and trains for the NERB and if you fail it the first time you have a 100% passing rate pretty much the second time. If I have to take the WREB again and pay another 10gs I will shoot myself. I'm not sure what I would do different besides the patient rejection ( which was my friend not the agency) and not leaving demineralization. I guess I will try to enjoy life until I get my scores if that is possible.

did u pass finally because i got 2 pink slips both for demineralisation though

.........I used the Lu lau service and the patients were perfect! It costs a pretty penny though. About 10 of my friends used the other agency and most were rejected, one coded in the chair, one had a latex allergy, and then he ran out of patients.

Beside Lu Lau are there any more services that provide patient (especially on the east coast)?

Members don't see this ad :)
The agencies are based in LA but fly patients almost anywhere. I don't know of one specifically on the East Coast. I know some people who are real outgoing and contacted like some gental dentals and random dentists in the community they were taking it in and got patients that way too.

The wreb, even those who don't get pink, bearly pass it... I was the most organized, good student still failed the wreb. they reduce points crazy. Wait untill you see your result. I don't want to be discouraging, but If I were you, I would register for the next exam.

I'm sorry that happened to you, but I think you're a bit crazy with anger right now. The WREB is the *EASIEST* regional exam to pass, and by far most people pass the WREB. I recall that they have a 90%+ passing rate (although I'd have to look it up and don't have a source).

They reduce points for things you did wrong or didn't fix. You know that going into the exam. Sure it's a game we have to play, but why chance it? If there is demineralization, then remove it. Ask for a modification if you are prepping something less than ideal to follow caries.

Many of us spent that money because it was impossible to find patients at our schools that qualify and that are willing to fly to another state for a weekend to take it. We unfortunately did not go to a school that offered the exam. So for us it costs flight, hotel, car rental, patients flight, hotel, food, compensation, plus if we want an assistant and many of the schools don't provide all the equipment and my school for instant would not let me borrow a cavitron or light cure. If my school offered it I would have only spent 1600.00 most likely.

I passed the wreb , however, in my first exam, I had a pt. who was find and no bleeding from the pulp, I have my witness, my assitant, who has been doing this for 30 years. and my pt. came out of the scoring area with bleeding? you know what happened? the examiner pok the pulp and i ended up paying the price. 5 pints? yes, I lost 5 points. 3 points pt. rejection, 5 points pulp exposure. 9 point for their mistake
that is the bottom line
it is not only student's mistake, part of it is them.
Ofcourse no one is gonna beleieve me why? because they are authority

I passed! Got my results today. I barely passed with a 76.93 but I passed with two pink slips and all. I also know a lot of people that failed. It is so hard to tell. I feel very lucky and thankful! Thanks for all the advice everyone.

Guyss I passed too !!However i got 2 pink slips (demineralisation) was very nervous !1For all of you who got pink slips and waiting for result ,All pink slips are not scary though its not an exciting news .Dont lose hopes as long as the pink slips are for small reasons like occlusion ,demineralisation etc
and dont panic .Wish you all gud luck!!

Sorry to hear that, I wish you the best of luck for your next try. Take your time, Im sure you will get through this.

Thanks for your constructive comments. What is your source of information for your passing stat? Did U take the wrebs while in school or straight out of school? You seem to be the prototypical self-serving dentist that makes our profession suck!

This message is for ItsGavinC

The WREB costs $2000 or less, so it's nice to see this 10k figure constantly being thrown around.
Do you really need an explanation of why it is close to 10Gs? What about patients finding services, review courses, equipment rental, exam fee, assistant fees, transportation, lodging, etc? Out of touch with reality?

catdady:
hi, that is ok, don't worry there are lots of bad comments in this forum, just ignore it.
good luck
if there is anything that I can help you with let me know
Please
take care

catdady:
hi, that is ok, don't worry there are lots of bad comments in this forum, just ignore it.
good luck
if there is anything that I can help you with let me know
Please
take care
Dude, You've been the best on this forum. I don't know how many people you have helped because of your advice. Good luck to you!

thanks alot
I wish you the best of luck
that is what it is all about, being helpfull to others.
I have seen so many comments like that. the best way is just ignore those kinda of comments and help the others to not fall in the trap that I did. They probably haven't seen even 200 dollars in their pocket
but me and you got it
:)

Do you really need an explanation of why it is close to 10Gs? What about patients finding services, review courses, equipment rental, exam fee, assistant fees, transportation, lodging, etc? Out of touch with reality?

I completely agree with u .2G for WREB very rarely happens even if you are in school .I have spent around 2G and am the person who has spent the least
amongst my school students , which needed a lot of planing and hardwork since months to work within 2G($1585 is exam fee).All other classmates of mine.even though they are in school ,few had to buy patients ,instruments ,assistants or bribe their own patients etc on average costed them 4G .(we all took the test at our own school so no transportation required)10G is of no surprise if you have to travel and buy /rent everything else ....which reallyy suckss............!!!

I completely agree with u .2G for WREB very rarely happens even if you are in school .I have spent around 2G and am the person who has spent the least
amongst my school students , which needed a lot of planing and hardwork since months to work within 2G($1585 is exam fee).All other classmates of mine.even though they are in school ,few had to buy patients ,instruments ,assistants or bribe their own patients etc on average costed them 4G .(we all took the test at our own school so no transportation required)10G is of no surprise if you have to travel and buy /rent everything else ....which reallyy suckss............!!!

I agree with you
It don't need a brain surgon to figure that out, but some people don't get it.

Yes. It is easy to pass when you are in school. That passing rate is a big lie. I know 6 dental residents who took this exam and just one passed.

Yes. It is easy to pass when you are in school. That passing rate is a big lie. I know 6 dental residents who took this exam and just one passed.

I just took the WREB this weekend and one of the examiners told us at orientation they had one school in which only ONE PERSON failed. I found that hard to believe. There were a lot of us who had a difficult time with the exam. So, I guess now comes the waiting game. And this will be the only time I can take the exam while at school. I do not want to take the exam again and have to shell out all that money. I wish everyone the best of luck.

Hey I also just took the WREB at UNLV. Nice to be done but the wait is going to be a killer. I will be out of the country until June so I will have to wait extra to see my results. No pink slips, no rejections but I still don't know how I did. The endo was stressfulll and I over prepped my anterior tooth. The fills looked good though. My pt. (who is one of my best friends) told me that the examiners barely looked at the preps or fills when he was in there. Not sure if that is a good thing or not. I must say though that the negative comments about the wreb are surprising to me. The WREB floor examiners were great and very friendly. They would shoot the bull with you while you were waiting for grading. Everyone was very nice. Now of course I don't know how the actual examiners are. Maybe they suck and I am sure that I will have an opinion when I get my results. It was nice going to a school that offers the wreb. The only thing that I had to provide was my own ultrasonic. I then had a 1st year assist me. I'm sorry for all those that have to travel to take it. I can totally understand how it would cost up to 10,000 bucks to take it. And itsGavinC , dude what is up with all the self righteous comments on this forum. You are a moderator, ok, great.... but chill out. Have fun in your GPR.

Peace student doctor friends. Let me know if anyone has questions about the wreb... I'd be happy to answer also. Let's hope I don't have to take it again.

hey guys i went through hell while i was taking my wreb exam, grandfather passed away, g/f broke up with me and got extremely sick from all the stress going on, started to question the purpose in my life!!
I just prayed for the man upstairs to give me the strength and I retook my exam and passed, so if I can do it all you guys can pass, believe in urself , do the right thing and the Lord will take care of the rest :)

Sorry to hear you didn't pass!

I've been on that boat before and it will be costly. My best advice for you is practice whatever part that you've failed. For me, it was the endo part. Take your time on preparing and having the right cases and teeth(for endo). Get an experienced assistant. Know it all down to steps and detail of the procedure.

This is one costly exam when you're not in school or lack the right patient.
Personally I'd spend money and time to pass it one time only. Re-taking this exam was hell but if you have to do it then take your time and don't rush blindly or take unneccessary chances on it. One other thing pink slips or screwing up in 1 section isn't the end of the world for the exam. You can still pass even with pink slips. Maybe retake only 1 section which is a little less stressful but still you will need 75 % or higher. I am starting to babble a bit. :)

*Failing on the 3rd try will hurt you financially and many other ways.

Well good luck on your next attempt!

i totally agree with ur comment about Gavin C, gavin ur a moderator, ur not God so dont be quick to judge peoples comments and stop being so damn cynical, have fun dude !!

I am a bit annoyed with people saying how the Wreb is so easy and all can pass.

It isn't easy and the passing score was raised a while ago. Yes the procedure and somethings aren't as screwy but for one reason or another, during the exam many lil crap can come up and get you unexpectedly.

Thank god I finally passed mine with 85%!
Therefore don't go in thinking WREB is "easy".

I am a bit annoyed with people saying how the Wreb is so easy and all can pass.

It isn't easy and the passing score was raised a while ago. Yes the procedure and somethings aren't as screwy but for one reason or another, during the exam many lil crap can come up and get you unexpectedly.

Thank god I finally passed mine with 85%!
Therefore don't go in thinking WREB is "easy".

I totally agree. It's the little things that start adding up on you. I didn't do bad on any one thing, but I didn't do great either. I didn't get any pink slips during the exam, but I had patients who said that some examiners would write some notes down (I don't think that's a good sign). I never had a problem with the endo portion when practicing, in yet when I did my max. premolar during the WREB I had some spill over into the lingual canal and had to spend time trying to clean it out (I couldn't even get it all out). I felt like everything went so-so. Not like I practiced at all. It's so easy to second guess yourself. So now I'll be hoping for my scores early and pray for some good news.

good luck to all taking the exam
and congrats to all who passed

I passed the wreb , however, in my first exam, I had a pt. who was find and no bleeding from the pulp, I have my witness, my assitant, who has been doing this for 30 years. and my pt. came out of the scoring area with bleeding? you know what happened? the examiner pok the pulp and i ended up paying the price. 5 pints? yes, I lost 5 points. 3 points pt. rejection, 5 points pulp exposure. 9 point for their mistake
that is the bottom line
it is not only student's mistake, part of it is them.
Ofcourse no one is gonna beleieve me why? because they are authority

Did you list on the NOTE TO EXAMINERS that you were leaving .5mm of caries over the pulp and to be gentle when exploring it?

Thanks for your constructive comments. What is your source of information for your passing stat? Did U take the wrebs while in school or straight out of school? You seem to be the prototypical self-serving dentist that makes our profession suck!

This message is for ItsGavinC

I haven't even taken the exam yet! LOL.

I'm simply saying that you don't HAVE to use a patient finding service. It IS possible to find patients on your own, even if you are going to another state. I'm not saying it is impossible to spend 10k on the exam, but you should realize that if you are spending 10k it is because you are choosing to spend 10k. Don't complain about it! In other words, don't talk as if the WREB demands $10,000 from you.

Congrats to all those that passed! I've heard that nearly everybody that fails it passes the second time around. I think the prior experience does a lot to calm the nerves and makes you more confident for the second go around.

Hey I also just took the WREB at UNLV. Nice to be done but the wait is going to be a killer. And itsGavinC , dude what is up with all the self righteous comments on this forum. You are a moderator, ok, great.... but chill out. Have fun in your GPR.

I'm sure you did fine. One of my classmates took it last weekend with you an UNLV. He had some frustrations, but I'm sure he passed was well.

Comments are not self-righteous simply because you don't agree with them. Once again my point is that the WREB does not require you to spend 10k on the exam. Some candidates choose to spend that, but most don't. And, I'm not doing a GPR, so it'll be tough to have fun in it. :D

yes
you should have seen my paper, I followed everthing right. another note, I asked after the exam was over, from other experienced doctors, " what would they done in the situation like mine" they said exactly the same thing that I did, I left .5 mm of caries in the line angle. And anyone knows, with a sharp explorer that they have, they pok into the pulp . before reading the frecking paper. Man that whole thing just makes me upset really when I talk about it. I feel for the people who really depend on this exam.
I wish them luck everyday when I go to bed ..I really mean it
I am not generalizing all the examiners, but some are really inconsiderate
One news: the pass rate for wreb increasing because of so many complains.