Failure Essay -> Talking About Being a Re-Applicant?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Is it a bad idea to use a "tell us about a time you failed" secondary essay as a way of discussing the fact that you are a re-applicant?

Members don't see this ad.

Is it a bad idea to use a "tell us about a time you failed" secondary essay as a way of discussing the fact that you are a re-applicant?

I dont think its a good idea

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
As with most essays, its success or failure will depend on how its written. However, without more detail, discussing your journey as a reapplicant sounds like it could make for a successful essay. The key will be to show what you’ve learned and how you’ve adjusted so that you are now a quality candidate.

A significant portion of applicants every year are reapplicants. This will not make you stand out in a large applicant pool and could make it seem like you don't do anything else noteworthy.

Reactions: 2 users
As an advisor who specializes in nontrads, reapplicants, and atypical/problem candidates let me give you my in-depth analysis

NO!!!

The second slap was just vindictive.....

Reactions: 1 user
Best to show Adcoms that your life doesn't revolve getting into med school.

The irony of it all being that to get into med school, we have to make it seem like our lives DONT revolve around med school.
:censored:

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
The irony of it all being that to get into med school, we have to make it seem like our lives DONT revolve around med school.
:censored:

Guess I have to add "play it cool while actually being completely obsessed" to my previous comment:

Like med school, just pretend you are competant and have a personality long enough for them give an affirmative "Yes" (and start asking you for money)

Reactions: 2 users