-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Fall 2010 Acceptances!
Started by JMM051
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Michigan -- half tuition scholarship.
But, wow, at 18k per term... still just a tad pricey, eh?
Wow congrats! 9K per semester is great value for U Mich!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How many acceptance emails/letters have you received? I've only gotten the acceptance email.They called and emailed me.
No FAFSA yet.
I have been accepted for a couple weeks - they seem to keep sending me acceptance emails/letters anyways [and the most recent mentioned the scholarship].
Academic stats:
3.9 GPA +/- (.1)
1275 GRE +/- (25)
Graduated top 1% in the business college and first in respective major.
[...and a bunch of other stuff (EC,leadership,etc) I won't bore you with.]
Concern, that is pretty ridiculous considering many applicants have not even gotten a bulk of their responses yet. I suggest contacting the school and asking for an extension.
My Houston deadline is also Feb 1 to respond. I tried calling for an extension, but they said they couldn't grant me one because of the scholarship. The thing is, you can still get in if you respond after Feb 1, but you will forfeit the scholarship.
Yeah, seems like that scholarship is offered as bait to commit. Tempting, but I'm looking for bigger fish
Agreed, and it isn't even that much.
All scholarships are bait to get people to commit to their schools. That's the point...
It may not seem like much, but one point of the scholarship is to allow out-of-state residents to pay in-state tuition. This may be important to some people. Besides, the tuition is only ~$5k to begin with.
It may not seem like much, but one point of the scholarship is to allow out-of-state residents to pay in-state tuition. This may be important to some people. Besides, the tuition is only ~$5k to begin with.
Has anyone been rejected from Emory??
I got rejected this morning. You really don't know what admissions look for.
On the other hand, I was accepted to Michigan as well about 2 weeks ago. I applied to epi.
3.6
680 Q 340V
Double major in Immunology and Psychology
FINALLY (hehe...I'm just impatient) got my acceptance to the U of MN - Epi PhD program today on the application status website, wooo! It's the only place I applied. It was also the only place I applied for my MPH (I graduated in '09). 🙂
Good luck to you all!
Good luck to you all!
FINALLY (hehe...I'm just impatient) got my acceptance to the U of MN - Epi PhD program today on the application status website, wooo! It's the only place I applied. It was also the only place I applied for my MPH (I graduated in '09). 🙂
Good luck to you all!
Congrats!
And thanks for all your helpful info on this board!🙂
Univ Minnesota Rejection! Sweet!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
3
306485
Accepted into Ohio State's MHA program.
Accepted: Cornell, North Carolina, Ohio State
Rejected: Yale
Awaiting: Michigan (interview soon) and Hopkins.
Kibster - Can I ask when you submitted your application to UNC?
They invited me to interview on 3/15. I'm excited about seeing the campus, etc. but it seems sort of late and I'm afraid it means I'm not being considered for any of the merit scholarships. If that's the case, it may not make sense to for me (financially) to fly out there etc.
FINALLY (hehe...I'm just impatient) got my acceptance to the U of MN - Epi PhD program today on the application status website, wooo! It's the only place I applied. It was also the only place I applied for my MPH (I graduated in '09). 🙂
Good luck to you all!
Congrats, chica. I'm impressed you only applied to one school! 😱 In comparison, I applied to 17

Thanks!
Stories - I had things set up pretty well before applying. I also have a son who is in 1st grade right now and would rather not move him (at least until the post-doc, haha). 🙂
Stories - I had things set up pretty well before applying. I also have a son who is in 1st grade right now and would rather not move him (at least until the post-doc, haha). 🙂
Accepted into USF today - Received an email and also status changed on site.
Denied from UMinn - Checked status on website.
Hi curious14
Did you get an email from USF confirming reciept of your application?
The status online says "referred....." is this what changes?
Thanks..
You'll receive an email that states your application is under review and to give a minimum of 2 weeks.Hi curious14
Did you get an email from USF confirming reciept of your application?
The status online says "referred....." is this what changes?
Thanks..
When I checked my status today, it had changed from "Referred" to "Admitted"
hey JMM051 I just got my accepted packet from Tulane in the mail today just to keep you updated.
my Hopkins app has been forwarded to the committee for review (who knows how long it'll take to hear back)... anyone want to offer up their opinion on Baltimore? I don't know much of anything about the city, aside from the somewhat scary crime statistics!
got accepted to Yale today..
acceptances till now
UT houston, emory, yale, U of MInnesota
waiting on
Hopkins, harvard, bekeley , michigan but most importantly funding..
If i don't get any funding I won't be able attend any university..don't have money..I am from a developing country and after my medical degree I could just make 3500$ in two years!!
Out of the above only UT houston seems close to my budget + loans
lets see what happens in this crucial 1-2 months phase..
acceptances till now
UT houston, emory, yale, U of MInnesota
waiting on
Hopkins, harvard, bekeley , michigan but most importantly funding..
If i don't get any funding I won't be able attend any university..don't have money..I am from a developing country and after my medical degree I could just make 3500$ in two years!!
Out of the above only UT houston seems close to my budget + loans
lets see what happens in this crucial 1-2 months phase..
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Emory and Pittsburgh rejection! We're on a roll with rejection letters these last few days lol
Got into GW for MCH! Top choice! Found out via email, letter coming in the mail. Anyone know how generous GW is with financial aid?
First tier liberal arts undergrad, 3.0 GPA. Graduated '04.
Extensive community health/advocacy volunteer & work experience.
670 Q, 590 V, 5.0 AW
Waiting to hear from UIC, Hunter, UCLA, Berkeley
First tier liberal arts undergrad, 3.0 GPA. Graduated '04.
Extensive community health/advocacy volunteer & work experience.
670 Q, 590 V, 5.0 AW
Waiting to hear from UIC, Hunter, UCLA, Berkeley
Got into GW for MCH! Top choice! Found out via email, letter coming in the mail. Anyone know how generous GW is with financial aid?
First tier liberal arts undergrad, 3.0 GPA. Graduated '04.
Extensive community health/advocacy volunteer & work experience.
670 Q, 590 V, 5.0 AW
Waiting to hear from UIC, Hunter, UCLA, Berkeley
Congrats liteshow! GW is my top choice as well and I'm waiting to hear back from them. How long ago did you apply?
If you applied to epi or biostats, you won't hear until after Feb. 15.Congrats liteshow! GW is my top choice as well and I'm waiting to hear back from them. How long ago did you apply?
Ahhhh, I keep checking my email and cell phone for a UMich contact. I want a scholarship!

If you applied to epi or biostats, you won't hear until after Feb. 15.
Ahhhh, I keep checking my email and cell phone for a UMich contact. I want a scholarship!![]()
I applied to Health Policy and they told me 3 or 4 weeks and it will be 3 weeks officially on Wednesday but I'm just impatient lol
Congrats on Mich
Thanks!
Stories - I had things set up pretty well before applying. I also have a son who is in 1st grade right now and would rather not move him (at least until the post-doc, haha). 🙂
🙂 It's great you're where you want to be! Only disadvantage of not applying to other schools is you can't use other schools' stipend offers to bargain how large your stipend is 😛 I would have considered Minny if they had more faculty I was interested in working with.
hey congrats mph2010. Any idea when the Yale session begins?
Traditional fall semester (day after labor day).
GW started to review my application on 1/12 and responded on 2/1. Pretty nice turnaround.
very nice turn around indeed..and what concentration was it again?
I got invited for an interview with the Health Management and Policy Program and at UMich on March 11th.
Does anyone know how long after the interview a decision on admission arrives?
I'm excited that they asked me to come visit but the potential timeframe they could be giving me to make a decision could be very short and/or in conflict with other schools...
Does anyone know how long after the interview a decision on admission arrives?
I'm excited that they asked me to come visit but the potential timeframe they could be giving me to make a decision could be very short and/or in conflict with other schools...
just got admitted to JHSPH MPH..my number one choice..damn excited about it..!!!
Congrats!
Can you give me an idea of your timeline? (App submitted, when the committee started review)
Thanks!
submitted in late nov..then my gre scores followed(my application was completed and sent for review in early december..and decision on 2-2-10...all the best with your application..i have already posted my stats earlier in this forum..just in case u were curious..
I just got my rejection email from Yale for CDE. It ruined my 4/4 acceptance streak, but it's okay. I wouldn't have been able to afford Yale anyways.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Denied from BU via postal and received my UMinn reject via postal mail today. I'm planning to make a more comprehensive post later. Perhaps when there's a "Final Decision 2010 thread" floating around 🙂
haha, how about we make a Fall 2010 Rejection/Panicking thread", so we can contain all negative emotions there 😀
Oh don't say that!! Are you still waiting to hear back?haha, how about we make a Fall 2010 Rejection/Panicking thread", so we can contain all negative emotions there 😀
You really never know, that's why I plan on making the comprehensive post. I knew coming into this that I need to apply far and wide and I've had positive results. I've gotten 3 out 5 so far and waiting to hear back from more. I just want to show everyone not to give up hope!!
Oh don't say that!! Are you still waiting to hear back?
You really never know, that's why I plan on making the comprehensive post. I knew coming into this that I need to apply far and wide and I've had positive results. I've gotten 3 out 5 so far and waiting to hear back from more. I just want to show everyone not to give up hope!!
yea, your idea is totally great. We learned so much from here over the past months, and it's time that we give back.
I've got some results, good and bad
Still waiting on Columbia and UCs.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 5K