Family

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

villiarp

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
How many people started families in school? What kinds of stress did they put on school and school put on them? How long into med school is a good time to start a family? A good time? There probably isn't one. How about when is the least stressful time?
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I had a family even before i started. Come to think of it, i was born with one. Sorry, just joshin' ;) --Trek

I've read on another thread that a good time to have kids is before the end of second year...between first and second year if you can time it right.;)

At my school tour, my student host emphasized how supportive the admin was to people with families. We'll just have to see about that...

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by Trek
Sorry, just joshin' ;) --Trek

My most hated phrase.

Originally posted by analu:
I've read on another thread that a good time to have kids is before the end of second year...

YEA GREAT IDEA!! I'm going to have a baby at the end of 2nd year so that I have someone to help me study for boards!!!

Try looking on the spouses and partners board, this topic has been addressed many times