FAMU 2020 Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pharmacy101

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! I'm brand new here and applying to FAMU for Fall 2014. :D I was wondering who is going to apply there. The applications start October 1st, so get all of your things together!! :) Also making this thread to keep each other updated for acceptance/decline letters, new, information, housing, financial aid, etc.. I hope everyone the best!!! :soexcited::soexcited:

Members don't see this ad.

Hey! I also plan on applying to FAMU Go Rattlers!!! I hate that the application cycle open so late. I'm almost done with my pharmcas app and would like to send both at the same time.

I'm also concerned that if I get accepted to other schools and give and a deadline for a deposit I will not know my admission status with FAMU you by that time so it makes for a difficult decision making process.

either way my stats are as follows

Cumm. GPA 3.2
Science GPA 3.6
No pcat
3 months Pharmacy technician experience ( almost board certified)
Good extracurriculars including a competitive summer enrichment program
3 excellent Good LOR's
Almost complete with B.S although may not have it by the time pharm schools starts undergrad fin aid max.
Still need micro and A&P

Hey! I also plan on applying to FAMU Go Rattlers!!! I hate that the application cycle open so late. I'm almost done with my pharmcas app and would like to send both at the same time.

I'm also concerned that if I get accepted to other schools and give and a deadline for a deposit I will not know my admission status with FAMU you by that time so it makes for a difficult decision making process.

either way my stats are as follows

Cumm. GPA 3.2
Science GPA 3.6
No pcat
3 months Pharmacy technician experience ( almost board certified)
Good extracurriculars including a competitive summer enrichment program
3 excellent Good LOR's
Almost complete with B.S although may not have it by the time pharm schools starts undergrad fin aid max.
Still need micro and A&P

You'll get stuck paying a deposit to the earlier school so you will at least have a seat somewhere. Happened to every student I have talked to.

To the OP why is 2020 in the title?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks jibby! That blows I'm super broke too. Just bearly scrounging up the funds for applications, interviews ect. :-( FAMU should tighten up!!! LOL

Thanks jibby! That blows I'm super broke too. Just bearly scrounging up the funds for applications, interviews ect. :-( FAMU should tighten up!!! LOL

The whole process is expensive. But worth it in the end I think.

Are you a famu student? What were your stats?

Hey, I'm applying to the pharmacy program for the class of 2018. I went to Fsu for undergrad, I'm just studying for the Pcat so that I can apply to other schools as well. Famu is my #1 choice so hopefully it's back to tally for me. Good luck to all of you.

I am also applying this year; Goodluck to everyone! I am so nervous! I got my recommendations done in August however FAMU updated their forms to electronic so I am nervous about how I am going to fix this.

Last edited:
Has anyone submitted their applications yet? Mine should be squared away by Jan 1st at the latest! I'm really excited for an interview. When do they start?

Still confused why does the title say 2020?

Members don't see this ad :)
Perhaps the op does not anticipate and acceptance until 2016. hah!

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone submitted their applications yet? Mine should be squared away by Jan 1st at the latest! I'm really excited for an interview. When do they start?

I sent mine in November YourMD

Its expensive but worth it! I hope we all get in!

What address do we send our supplemental application transcripts to?

What address do we send our supplemental application transcripts to?

I would include the transcripts along with your supplemental application when you send it; make sure your transcripts are sealed.

Send it here:
FAMU College of Pharmacy, Office of Student Services, 1415 South Martin Luther King Jr., Blvd., Tallahassee FL 32307-3800 by February 1, 2014. There is no fee for the Supplemental Application.

Your welcome.

Did anyone get a respond back from any other schools?

I received an email from manchester that my application and supplemental are being reveiwed. Because of the holiday I should hear back sometime in January. I decided to take the PCAT at the beginning of this month. Although I submitted my pharmcas months ago I have yet to apply to any other florida schools because I was unsure about taking the pcat. Now that I'm registered for the January 11th date I'll go ahead and designate LeCOM, NOVA and maybe D'youville and Maryland eastern shore on my app. How is your app cycle going??

I submitted mine after thanksgiving holidays. I have an interview for samford and Lecom...

But I am hoping for FAMU still... I hope to meet you MD. Goodluck on your pcat exam!:)
I received an email from manchester that my application and supplemental are being reveiwed. Because of the holiday I should hear back sometime in January. I decided to take the PCAT at the beginning of this month. Although I submitted my pharmcas months ago I have yet to apply to any other florida schools because I was unsure about taking the pcat. Now that I'm registered for the January 11th date I'll go ahead and designate LeCOM, NOVA and maybe D'youville and Maryland eastern shore on my app. How is your app cycle going??

Reactions: 1 user
I'm a senior in highschool, and I sent my application in a few days ago.
Have you guys heard anything back from them yet?
I would like to know, so I know if anyone has been accepted yet!

I have not heard anything back from FAMU, yet. I did receive just an admission letter that says they have received my undergraduate application and to check it out online.

Did anybody get accepted or interview yet? Please let us know :) Thank you it will give us all hope in this process.

The deadline for admission for transfers is Feb 1 so the school will not be sending anything until then...I read from previous years that some people didn't start getting interview letters until March. Can anyone verify that?

I recieved a letter in the mail but it was not related to pharmacy. It was a letter that stated that they had recieved my undergraduate application because that is required along with your supplemental application.

Hi! I'm thinking about going to famu for the pharmacy program starting in the fall 2014. I was looking for a roommate, preferably also in the pharmacy program and wanting to dorm/rent a condo, & of Asian descent! :))

Awesome choice! Have you already applied?

Awesome choice! Have you already applied?

Hey!! Yes I've already gotten accepted as well, just kind of nervous about making new friends within the same culture as myself, hope I find someone! Lol

Hey!! Yes I've already gotten accepted as well, just kind of nervous about making new friends within the same culture as myself, hope I find someone! Lol

Where are you from? Did you just get out of high school? Are you a transfer student?
I applied to FAMU Pharmacy as a transfer student ForeverH. Thank you!

You should be fine; there will be a lot of people who are trying to reach the same dream as you. You will have a lot of friends its okay.

@ForeverH , Congrats! I am waiting for FAMU and hoping I get accepted into the program. And yes, are you Class of 2014? Or transferring?
If I do get accepted, we should dorm, I am Asian!
When did you apply & when did you get accepted? I would really like to know because this is making me very nervous.

On a side note, I am going to try to call them in the next few days to confirm that all my information is there. Hope I get positive news. :unsure:

Sorry for the thousands of questions, haha.

@ForeverH , Congrats! I am waiting for FAMU and hoping I get accepted into the program. And yes, are you Class of 2014? Or transferring?
If I do get accepted, we should dorm, I am Asian!
When did you apply & when did you get accepted? I would really like to know because this is making me very nervous.

On a side note, I am going to try to call them in the next few days to confirm that all my information is there. Hope I get positive news. :unsure:

Sorry for the thousands of questions, haha.
I am sure you got in!! Do not worry!

I just got an email that I have been officially accepted for Fall of 2014!

Did anybody else got accepted yet ?? I'm nervous since is my first choice

@eddyLO , I am a senior in HS, so I was accepted as a Pre-Pharm undergraduate. It seems most of the people here are trying to transfer into the Pharmacy program. If you are applying for the professional pharmacy program then that will take some time as I think February was when the applications were due.
--
I sent in my application January 11, and my application was confirmed January 21. I was accepted January 30. :)

Best of luck to you, & everyone!

@eddyLO , I am a senior in HS, so I was accepted as a Pre-Pharm undergraduate. It seems most of the people here are trying to transfer into the Pharmacy program. If you are applying for the professional pharmacy program then that will take some time as I think February was when the applications were due.
--
I sent in my application January 11, and my application was confirmed January 21. I was accepted January 30. :)

Best of luck to you, & everyone!
Oh ok, I'm applying as transfer student. And from what you're saying, it seems like they do not conduct a rolling admission. Hence, they gather all transfer applications by feb. 1st. Then go through all of them.

Thanks for the clarification. On the other hand, did any transfer applicant heard anything from them?

@eddyLO , I think its a rolling basis for undergraduate. But for graduate esp for Pharmacy you're going to have to wait for an interview invitation from what I've been hearing and reading. It seems that acceptance/interview letters don't come until March or so, so be prepared to wait. :\

Reactions: 1 user
@eddyLO , I think its a rolling basis for undergraduate. But for graduate esp for Pharmacy you're going to have to wait for an interview invitation from what I've been hearing and reading. It seems that acceptance/interview letters don't come until March or so, so be prepared to wait. :\
March ? they move very slow. I hope the wait is worth it.

Oh ok, I'm applying as transfer student. And from what you're saying, it seems like they do not conduct a rolling admission. Hence, they gather all transfer applications by feb. 1st. Then go through all of them.

Thanks for the clarification. On the other hand, did any transfer applicant heard anything from them?

Nope, I did not hear anything from them.

I read last year that they will start sending out interview letters in March for transfer students. We will not really know if we get accepted or rejected until May or later than that.

I hope it comes in the mail.... I am getting anxious.

Nope, I did not hear anything from them.

I read last year that they will start sending out interview letters in March for transfer students. We will not really know if we get accepted or rejected until May or later than that.
what are your stats? if you don't mind me asking

Not sure if you mind sharing…>_<

3.5 GPA
Bachelor's degree
Two years of experience in performing laboratory tests in a hospital setting
Over 200 hours of volunteer hours in a hospital setting

It's not really much; how about yours?

Last edited: