FAMU 2020 Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did anyone get a confirmation that the school received their "acknowledgment of acceptance"? I faxed mine last week and I want to make sure they received it ...

Members don't see this ad.

Did anyone get a confirmation that the school received their "acknowledgment of acceptance"? I faxed mine last week and I want to make sure they received it ...
I wish! I haven't heard anything either. I did keep a copy of the "confirmation" page that showed my fax went through. Today is the deadline to send the thing, so maybe we'll hear something by next week. I get so paranoid... Like maybe they'll change their mind about my acceptance or something, lol.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey you guys! Sooooo does anybody have any definite figures for tuition particularly in-state. I saw the previous post that said it went up however that's for graduate. And I usually consider pharmacy school professional school or just pharmacy school. Something completely different from grad school.

Also any physical letters in the mail yet? Confirmation they received the fax we sent? What kinda fees are we looking at during orientation?

Thanks everyone.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks.... Even though I have my bs degree?
Awww congratulations......As far as the tuition, it's about 10,000 per semester for out of state students. And also, you are regarded as an undergrad student for your first two years (for financial aid reasons). I came across this information by going through last year's thread.[/QUOTEThang

Bah! Anyone hear anything? All I've gotten was an email from the university saying that I was acceptance, but nothing else from pharmacy about my "Acknowledgement of Acceptance" letter.

I do have a question about orientation. I know we're scheduled for it Aug 18-20. I've heard times are from 8-4 but the acceptance letter doesn't say. Can anyone confirm? How bad is it if I leave an hour early on the last day to make a doctor's appointment?

Does anyone know if we need to sign up for the "new student orientation" or the "transfer student orientation"? Please help! #prettyplease

Yea I'm completely lost. No one is picking up in finacial aid. I haven't received anything in the mail about orientation. And this message board is a ghost town since everyone got accepted. Did they all go to Facebook?

Ok. Moral of the story is, most of the accepted students that used to be on this website(forum) are all utilizing the Facebook page. This is because, you can get immediate response from colleagues and also from the P2 and P3 students. Therefore, I will advice you to join as well. As far as financial aid, you have to keep calling until someone picks up. Note that, you will not be able to receive your grants and loans until they are in receipt of your immunization records and final transcript. And regarding the orientation, they will be sending us a mail (about 4 weeks before the orientation day) which will contain some specifics on how orientation will be carried out .

Can you send the link to the facebook page? I see multiple ones. Is it FAMU2020?

Hopefully we will see. I was also accepted in hampton but I'm thinking d school I should pick? Famu and Hampton which is better?
Me too! I was also accepted into Hampton, but there were a lot of factors that determined my decision to go to Florida, for example, the location, the presentation of the school, statistics and much more. Just research, research and research. Look on YouTube, look up Naplex stats and read the websites! See which school fits you better because you will be there for the next four years of your life! Hope this helps and goodluck!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! I am currently finishing up my pre requisites at UNF (University of North Florida) and would really like to attend FAMU (but am still open to attending any other pharmacy schools in florida). I would really appreciate some advice from some students who were admitted. Any advice would be helpful like what you think made your application stand out, or even how I could improve my chances. It's my dream to get in :D please help!

Hi! I am currently finishing up my pre requisites at UNF (University of North Florida) and would really like to attend FAMU (but am still open to attending any other pharmacy schools in florida). I would really appreciate some advice from some students who were admitted. Any advice would be helpful like what you think made your application stand out, or even how I could improve my chances. It's my dream to get in :D please help!

Aside from grades and PCAT score, the best advice I can give you is:

1.) Get involved in pharmacy related and non-pharmacy related things. (Clubs and organizations, volunteer work, ect.). Present yourself as a well rounded student
2.) Have a nice organized CV (curriculum vitae)
3.) Have pharmacy experience as a volunteer or pharm tech (document hours)
4.) NEVER give up! No matter what! Everybody's story and stats are different so don't get caught up in comparing yourself to others because that can be very discouraging.
5.) Do your research ahead of time and save money. The more schools you apply yo the more expensive!

Hope this helps! Goodluck on your journey and enjoy it!

Thanks very much for the advice! I already volunteer at a pharmacy but it wouldn't hurt to get involved in more activities!

I'm thinking about applying to FAMU for Fall 2015. I have 8+ years of pharmacy experience and I am very active within the community. I know the the school requires a 2.75 GPA. I a bachelors and masters degree as well as transient hours from community colleges. Would my overall GPA calculate all my grades from every school I attended? Or just undergrad?

I'm thinking about applying to FAMU for Fall 2015. I have 8+ years of pharmacy experience and I am very active within the community. I know the the school requires a 2.75 GPA. I a bachelors and masters degree as well as transient hours from community colleges. Would my overall GPA calculate all my grades from every school I attended? Or just undergrad?
Did you apply?

Hey! I also plan on applying to FAMU Go Rattlers!!! I hate that the application cycle open so late. I'm almost done with my pharmcas app and would like to send both at the same time.

I'm also concerned that if I get accepted to other schools and give and a deadline for a deposit I will not know my admission status with FAMU you by that time so it makes for a difficult decision making process.

either way my stats are as follows

Cumm. GPA 3.2
Science GPA 3.6
No pcat
3 months Pharmacy technician experience ( almost board certified)
Good extracurriculars including a competitive summer enrichment program
3 excellent Good LOR's
Almost complete with B.S although may not have it by the time pharm schools starts undergrad fin aid max.
Still need micro and A&P

Did you get it?

Did you apply?
Yes I did apply. Submitted everything in the middle of January... Just waiting to hear whether or not I received an interview invite. I heard they are still receiving applications.

Yes I did apply. Submitted everything in the middle of January... Just waiting to hear whether or not I received an interview invite. I heard they are still receiving applications.

Hi! I admire your courage for applying to pharm school and I have no doubt you will get in !! Have you heard anything from the school of pharmacy yet because I have not and I am freaking out. In previous years it has never taken this long to hear back and interviews were conducted late April and late March. For some reason, I don't think I got in.

Hi! I admire your courage for applying to pharm school and I have no doubt you will get in !! Have you heard anything from the school of pharmacy yet because I have not and I am freaking out. In previous years it has never taken this long to hear back and interviews were conducted late April and late March. For some reason, I don't think I got in.

I meant that in prev years interviewer were conducted late April, late March .

Hey. Have you had an interview with the school yet or are you still waiting to hear back for an interview?

Hey. Have you had an interview with the school yet or are you still waiting to hear back for an interview?

Waiting to hear back for an interview. I think it's too late. I've called and they told me I would know by the end if April. But I swear that's when they're sending their rejection letters

Did you apply?
Just want yo let you know that when you have a master degree it well qualify you. So from what I read and research they would not accept you at any pharmacy school because your level of education is too high. But good luck I hope you hear an outcome.

I so happy and excited I got my acceptance letter at the main campus!!! I know this if your a FAMU student or graduate you have a higher chance of getting in. They look out for FAMU student before other transfers. Also interview letters were sent out of beginning of March. When I called student service they said interviews ended on April 12 and letters are getting sent out. But I had a friend before get interview 2 years ago right before orientation in August which is crazy. But good luck to all that are still waiting and those who got in!!!! :)