FAMU 2020 Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yours is better, so you are already a step ahead. Lol
3.57 gpa
A.S in Biology
Still taking some classes
3 good LOR's
Not much at all, I hope to get in.

Do you by any chance know the number of transfer applicants they accept each year? Plus I heard they got another campus for pharmacy, so the acceptance rate may increas

I think they accept 150 applicants each year.

Yes, they have a satelliate Campus out in Crestview...I am not sure if the acceptance rate increases because of the campus being there.
 
Yours is better, so you are already a step ahead. Lol
3.57 gpa
A.S in Biology
Still taking some classes
3 good LOR's
Not much at all, I hope to get in.

Do you by any chance know the number of transfer applicants they accept each year? Plus I heard they got another campus for pharmacy, so the acceptance rate may increas

It doesn't mean I will get in; FAMU chooses students based on the over all package. It will be determined at the interview, but I hope to meet everyone there.
 
I hope so too. Please notify me whenever you receive anything from them. I will do so likewise.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I emailed the coordinator of student affairs and Patricia Lamb said transfer students won't get a response until the middle of march due to an increase in volume of other applicants.
"Due to an increase in volume of other applicants" now that's not a good news.
 
The only thing I received so far is the letter saying that they received my application and to check the status in iRattler. My application status says it's waiting on Departmental Approval and it has due date of 5/2 and that I will receive notification in writing once the evaluation is complete....does anyone else have that due date? I am a transfer but I was hoping to hear something by March!
 
The only thing I received so far is the letter saying that they received my application and to check the status in iRattler. My application status says it's waiting on Departmental Approval and it has due date of 5/2 and that I will receive notification in writing once the evaluation is complete....does anyone else have that due date? I am a transfer but I was hoping to hear something by March!

Yes I also recieved that in the mail also and I emailed the student coordinator from the crest view campus and she said transfer students won't be hearing back until the middle of march. Then the next day I receive another email from student coordinator from the FAMU campus and he said that all responses will be mailed to us. I would just wait...
 
Yes I also recieved that in the mail also and I emailed the student coordinator from the crest view campus and she said transfer students won't be hearin bak until te middle of march. Then the next day I receive another email from student coordinator from the FAMU campus and he said that all responses will be mailed to us. I would just wait...
 
Yes I also recieved that in the mail also and I emailed the student coordinator from the crest view campus and she said transfer students won't be hearing back until the middle of march. Then the next day I receive another email from student coordinator from the FAMU campus and he said that all responses will be mailed to us. I would just wait...


Ah Thanks! I thought it was because I waited to the last minute to apply!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The only thing I received so far is the letter saying that they received my application and to check the status in iRattler. My application status says it's waiting on Departmental Approval and it has due date of 5/2 and that I will receive notification in writing once the evaluation is complete....does anyone else have that due date? I am a transfer but I was hoping to hear something by March!

How did you log in to your iRattler? I received instructions along with my admission letter to check my status, but I haven't really figured out how to log in. I emailed help desk, but I have not received a response. Please post back; thank you for your consideration.
 
How did you log in to your iRattler? I received instructions along with my admission letter to check my status, but I haven't really figured out how to log in. I emailed help desk, but I have not received a response. Please post back; thank you for your consideration.

I actually called the help desk and they helped me get my user name and logged in. they will ask you for your student id so make sure you have that before you call 🙂
 
I actually called the help desk and they helped me get my user name and logged in. they will ask you for your student id so make sure you have that before you call 🙂
Thanks buddy 🙂 I'll call tomorrow morning to get it; I am curious about my status now...
 
How did you log in to your iRattler? I received instructions along with my admission letter to check my status, but I haven't really figured out how to log in. I emailed help desk, but I have not received a response. Please post back; thank you for your consideration.


I also called the help desk because I couldn't log in with the instructions from the letter...they asked a few questions and gave me a user id and password. Then you just go to the main website and at the top right hand corner you click on iRattler and log in. From there you can follow the instructions from the the letter...under iRattler Applications (the middle column at the top) click on
PT_NAV_CLEAR_DOT_1.gif
iRattler Campus Solutions, Self Service (under the Search box), Student Admissions, and finally Application Status.

I guess I will have to wait till May 🙁
 
yeah mine says april 22nd due date

Thanks I was wondering about that due date...I guess it goes by when I applied. I turned everything in a few days before the due date so I will probably hear from them last. Did anyone requested the Crestview Campus?
 
I had the privilege of talking to 2 of famus P1 students yesterday and they're gave me a little insight on the interview process what to know what to say etc... So if anyone has any questions I can definitely try to pass along the info 🙂
 
I just received an email from the undergrad dept. Saying that I have been accepted into the school. Note that its the school and not the program. Anyone received such email.?
 
Thanks I was wondering about that due date...I guess it goes by when I applied. I turned everything in a few days before the due date so I will probably hear from them last. Did anyone requested the Crestview Campus?
Yea I chose the Crestview Campus
 
I had the privilege of talking to 2 of famus P1 students yesterday and they're gave me a little insight on the interview process what to know what to say etc... So if anyone has any questions I can definitely try to pass along the info 🙂
Yes can you tell me about the interview process, what to wear, and what kind of questions they will ask? Thanks 🙂
 
Did I do this wrong? I am kind of freaking out just a little bit because my application says it is incomplete and they are waiting for department approval May 5, 2014…..I am getting nervous; very nervous.
 
Thanks I was wondering about that due date...I guess it goes by when I applied. I turned everything in a few days before the due date so I will probably hear from them last. Did anyone requested the Crestview Campus?

I don't think the due date actually depends on when you applied cause I turned mine in before Thanksgiving and my due date says May 5…??
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did I do this wrong? I am kind of freaking out just a little bit because my application says it is incomplete and they are waiting for department approval May 5, 2014…..I am getting nervous; very nervous.
what due date are you talking about please ?
 
what due date are you guys talking about

eddyLO,

The due date is referring to when they will close our accounts and let us know if we are accepted or not. I checked my status by logging into my irattler account and saw that; they are waiting for department approval and the due date is May 5. I am nervous that's all...
 
Ok. I will call the help desk tomorrow and seek assistance on how to login on iRattler. I will surely keep you abreasted on whats going on. However, you shouldnt be nervous, they received my application on the day before the due date, and I still have faith. I pray that we all get admitted.
 
Did I do this wrong? I am kind of freaking out just a little bit because my application says it is incomplete and they are waiting for department approval May 5, 2014…..I am getting nervous; very nervous.


From what I have heard, they have a process where they first pick the progressive students, then transfer students and from those they pick the people who chose the Crestview campus last. I can't confirm this but that is what I have always understood. That's why I wanted to know who else chose Crestview campus since my due date was May 2
 
Hello, I just logged in to irattler and am confused a bit. How do I check my pharmacy application status ? Is the irattler for the undergrad or for both undergrad and pharmacy ?
 
Hello, I just logged in to irattler and am confused a bit. How do I check my pharmacy application status ? Is the irattler for the undergrad or for both undergrad and pharmacy ?


I posted instructions above to check your status on iRattler....my application status says Pharmacy-Professional under program so I believe it is just for the pharmacy
 
Hello, I've been able to login successfully. Under my program it says "college of science and technology" smh. Which I believe I did something wrong. However, I think iRattler is for the undergrad admission. Because when I logged in, it read "congratulations, your application has been approved", which I already received an email regarding my acceptance into the school. I don't know, FAMU seems to be unorganized.

I agree they seem a bit disorganized! It took them two weeks to go pick up the mail at the post office and nobody could tell me what was going on! But the admissions and student services are very helpful if you have any questions...I would call them just to make sure they have the correct info in their system. It may just not be updated yet
 
I agree they seem a bit disorganized! It took them two weeks to go pick up the mail at the post office and nobody could tell me what was going on! But the admissions and student services are very helpful if you have any questions...I would call them just to make sure they have the correct info in their system. It may just not be updated yet

They should just join pharmcas
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I posted instructions above to check your status on iRattler....my application status says Pharmacy-Professional under program so I believe it is just for the pharmacy

Mine says, Pharmacy Undergraduate....now this makes me really nervous oh gosh >_< Thanks kerikasg
 
Mine says, Pharmacy Undergraduate....now this makes me really nervous oh gosh >_< Thanks kerikasg

They're just unorganized. I called in this morning to find out that the have admitted me as a biology major. They are now going to switch it to pharmacy professional. They are playing with peoples emotions. I took them 3-4 weeks to receive my transcript. Its just ridiculous.
 
They're just unorganized. I called in this morning to find out that the have admitted me as a biology major. They are now going to switch it to pharmacy professional. They are playing with peoples emotions. I took them 3-4 weeks to receive my transcript. Its just ridiculous.

Oh wow! Yeah good thing you caught the error in time! Did you get a new due date?
 
They're just unorganized. I called in this morning to find out that the have admitted me as a biology major. They are now going to switch it to pharmacy professional. They are playing with peoples emotions. I took them 3-4 weeks to receive my transcript. Its just ridiculous.

Do you have the number to call to change your major?