Fastest Rejection Ever?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
yep. like i said, total secondary fee ******. I'm still annoyed with them to this day.
No other application/rejection rubbed me the wrong way like BUs did. At least I can say that I didn't spend a ton of time on that app... wait, nevermind, yes I did, because they ask you to manually list each class you took on their damn secondary. Seriously, I have my doubts that anyone even took the time to read my application (which I also doubt, because BU was in fact, the first school to send me a secondary before my MCAT was even scored). What in the world was that application fee even for? At least other schools gave me at least a few weeks, if for nothing else than to give the impression that my $100 bought an actual evaluation of my application.

Members don't see this ad :)
flatearth went from hated child to lovable troll pretty fast :rolleyes:

flatearth went from hated child to lovable troll pretty fast :rolleyes:

vy9xt4.gif

Now that's what a signature should look like.

AMCAS Submitted 6/26 at 12:30
Rejection Email 6/27 at 8:45

I wasnt even verified yet.

Then again, it was a rejection based on state ties - I dont live in a state that borders west virginia

OHSU has pretty stringent OOS standards. I heard from someone by word-of-mouth about this, but I went ahead and submitted a secondary, anyway, because I couldn't find anything about a "basement:p" for GPA/MCAT. They either mask that well until you've forked out your money or I just didn't look in the right place to find that caveat.

AMCAS Submitted 6/26 at 12:30
Rejection Email 6/27 at 8:45

I wasnt even verified yet.

Then again, it was a rejection based on state ties - I dont live in a state that borders west virginia

Looks like you hold the new record! :)

That really blows, I had no idea schools shot people down that quickly :(

Members don't see this ad :)
I once walked up to a girl, and before I could speak she said, "no thanks".

my 0s>your twenty something hours.

But in all seriousness, that sucks.

UF was a swift presecondary rejection for me last year, and I'm IS. Great thing about UF is you pay the secondary fee before the secondary, so they get money from everyone, even those screened out before you can fill out a secondary. I was sad at the time, but ended up at a school much higher on my list anyway.

Moral of the story: don't dwell on it. Good luck with the rest of the app cycle! :)

One of my friends last year got a rejection letter from a school he did not even apply to.

Indiana rejects with the quickness. Only apply there with significant ties to the state.

sorry OP, that's bull****. At least they can pretend to review the app.

It sounds like they took your money and ran!

Am I the only the one who thinks maybe you should call in case it was some freak error. I guess I know nothing about Pritzker, but what's the worst that could happen? I mean if it wasn't a mistake, then you're still rejected, but if it was... just saying.

Am I the only the one who thinks maybe you should call in case it was some freak error. I guess I know nothing about Pritzker, but what's the worst that could happen? I mean if it wasn't a mistake, then you're still rejected, but if it was... just saying.

From the responses on this thread alone this event hardly sounds like a fluke. Some schools are clearly in it for the fee and only later apply their GPA/MCAT screen.

From the responses on this thread alone this event hardly sounds like a fluke. Some schools are clearly in it for the fee and only later apply their GPA/MCAT screen.

Sadly so. :(

I don't know how true that may be, but that's a little disappointing considering that (most) applicants put so much effort (and money) into this process.

he knows almost everyone thinks he is a troll so he has fun with it. That's what makes him so much more fun than his predecessors etzio and protag...he's so similar to them in regards to all the issues he trolls(?) on, except he is a lot less butthurt :thumbup:

Flatearth has kind of grown on me in a troll la la kind of way.

Can I jump on the pro-flatearth bandwagon? Your posts provide genuine lolz consistently.

he's a wolf in sheep's clothing... don't succumb to or enable his idiocy

wolf-in-sheep.jpg

in fairness, pritzker also sends out interview invites with similar quickness

I wonder what is Waitlist Kitteh's opinon on pritzker.

I don't know if I agree with the whole explanation of "taking our secondary cash and running."

Let's say they do this to 1,000 people each year, who they could have otherwise easily screened out before secondaries.

1,000 times $75 = $75,000. That's like 1.5 year's worth of tuition for a single student. 75k/year is pennies for these institutions, isn't it?

Can someone explain this math?

I don't know if I agree with the whole explanation of "taking our secondary cash and running."

Let's say they do this to 1,000 people each year, who they could have otherwise easily screened out before secondaries.

1,000 times $75 = $75,000. That's like 1.5 year's worth of tuition for a single student. 75k/year is pennies for these institutions, isn't it?

Can someone explain this math?

75k can also pay the salaries of two members of the admissions staff. The admissions expenses incurred by the schools pay for themselves after a few thousand applicants, the rest is gravy (and who's gonna say no to free money).

I'd imagine that it's not cheap to process all those applications, recruit students, hold interviews/orientations, and all of that either. It's probably to keep the admissions department self-sustainable.

A number of my friends and I were sent rejection emails by Georgetown less than 24 hours after paying our secondary fees. Georgetown also happens to have the most expensive secondary app, btw.

Do not apply there unless you really, really want to go to Georgetown, or you have amazing stats.

75k can also pay the salaries of two members of the admissions staff. The admissions expenses incurred by the schools pay for themselves after a few thousand applicants, the rest is gravy (and who's gonna say no to free money).

They should be donating it to the poor!!! (painfully altruistic premed)

Wow that disgusts me. Did u say something redonkulous in your secondary app? I just don't understand how they take your secondary app fee and say "oh hey by the way we were never really considering you".

I'm applying here in a couple weeks. I really hope my app isn't reviewed by the same adcom member.

nah, Pritzker is just one of those schools that tends to give a lot of people a quick decision.

think of it this way: would you rather be rejected quickly or be kept strung along for eight months before being notified, if the result was going to be the same in the end? i know which one i'd rather have...

think of it this way: would you rather be rejected quickly or be kept strung along for eight months before being notified, if the result was going to be the same in the end? i know which one i'd rather have...
+1. Or you could be like some schools and employ silent rejections. They don't even give you an automatically generated email for your $100.

No one has mentioned Nebraska. Though I don't really know why I applied there in the first place, I had heard they swifty reject ppl right after you pay the fee, and I have no ties to Nebraska. So I was like, lame...I'm not paying it. My mistake was telling my mother I was going to skip over applying to a school. She goes, "Just pay it! You never know if you have a chance if you don't." I warned her, but she's paying for it so I sent it in and roughly 24hrs later --> rejected.

I had a school last year where I got the "We recieved your secondary application" and less than an hour later "we regret to inform you...".
it was UC Davis. damn, really? It only took you guys an hour to decide I suck?

nah, Pritzker is just one of those schools that tends to give a lot of people a quick decision.

I think I'd rather have a school that screens before taking our $$ instead of robbing us.

Just got by Pritzker rejection. Submitted two days ago, got emailed today.

3.9, 35... decent research, activities

Hilarious