Favorite members who got banned

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think pharmacy_sucks and Pharmacy is a scam are the same person. PharmD=Phake Doctor and pharmacy_sucks are the same person maybe
I never got banned; life just got busy with residency and my application to PGY-2 programs. I was fortunate enough to match for a second year at a good program, so I've also been busy studying for the MPJE.

Unfortunately, I only have one account. The other accounts you mentioned are doomer accounts made by people who make poorly researched statements. At least I back my statements with sources.

Given the change in moderation, there's been a lot less debate/arguments in these forums (the exception being the PSLF and COVID19 threads on these forums). I always liked debating the koolaid-drinking wack jobs who insisted that we be called "doctors" or spout out-of-touch APhA statements.

On that note, my favorite (de-activated) members include:
  • Patopharmd - This guy provided the greatest entertainment for a 1-2 year period. His transition from PA school dropout --> Starry-eyed Pharmacy School enrollee --> bitter, black-pilled pharmacy student --> PA student (?) was freaking hilarious.
  • Chapmanpharmacy - This dude was the former president of APhA and was the founding dean of Chapman Pharmacy school. Given that he opened an overpriced pharmacy school, his threads got destroyed by the SDN Pharmacy community. It was so much fun.
  • Larkinpharmd - The potty-mouthed pharmacy student who attended Larkin U Pharmacy was also fun to see. Definitely not as professional as Chapmanpharmacy. Seeing Larkin's 1st graduating class fail the NAPLEX made up for the grief she gave this forum.
  • @AlwaysContrary - Every statement he made was wrong. I always enjoyed calling out his BS.
I would definitely return in glory if we had more interesting threads, but the mods have been too good at their jobs. I miss that period of time 2-4 years ago when we could get into inflammatory debates.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
That being said...if you are wrong then yes, people should know about it. Look at all of those people who kept on saying there is no pharmacy saturation. Obviously they got it wrong and a friendly disagreement is not going to do.

If they banned people for misinformation (there is NO pharmacy saturation) they'd have to ban EVERYONE on the "snowflake students" forum. LOL Talk about wishful thinking. But yeah....the trolls make the place entertaining. Can we start a "Just for Trolls" pharmacy board? Guarantee it will be the most popular of them all.... NO rules! Like thunderdome....

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Would also be a bit more fun if the students fought back more. Surprised they don't since all of them have so much "passion" for everything. I just love pissing on their parade.

Members don't see this ad :)
SDN1977 was so helpful back in the day. I don't remember why she was banned. I see her name pop up at times on a FB group I am part of. I know she was (and still may be) a professor at one of the colleges of pharmacy.

SHC...she always got people up in arms. Good times. I was always surprised WVU2007 (back in the day) and Sparda were never banned, but they know how to balance.

I think I got warnings a couple times.

I must always miss the threads which get heated enough to result in someone getting a ban....

Ahh my poor Volkswagen CC and my poor jeans. What pissed me off was this happened a few days before my start date at my first hospital pharmacist job.

Still buying $300 jeans? Lol

That thread was epic. I see a lot of names in there that I miss, I think cycloketocaine was one, I think I saw her at ASHP once but was too shy to approach.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Ahh my poor Volkswagen CC and my poor jeans. What pissed me off was this happened a few days before my start date at my first hospital pharmacist job.
How much did you get from insurance?

View attachment 307003

Lol convo I had in 2012 with one of the mods

I compulsively deleted most of my texts right after I sent them.

My inbox and sms have less than 10 threads at any given time. If they need a follow up, it's there. Otherwise, it's gone straight to trash immediately after I read it once.

Bogleheads is heavily moderated. Any post that mentions politics they will delete or close the thread. Anything that gets off course from the original post, the moderator will remind to stay on topic. It's a very professional environment. SDN on the other hand has members attacking other members, talking about politics, complaining about their jobs, etc. I've started to spend less time on SDN and more on r/pharmacy
R/pharmacy is toxic too loool

I compulsively deleted most of my texts right after I sent them.

My inbox and sms have less than 10 threads at any given time. If they need a follow up, it's there. Otherwise, it's gone straight to trash immediately after I read it once.

That’s what my mom does. Personally I never understood the desire but to each their own.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I got a warning from a physician moderator. What a joke. Shouldn’t it just be Pharmacy moderators dishing out warnings on a pharmacy sub forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a warning from a physician moderator. What a joke. Shouldn’t it just be Pharmacy moderators dishing out warnings on a pharmacy sub forum.

Whenever someone reports you, the super mods are the ones who give warnings.

Lol you want peer review or something?

Typically yes.

The issue is, the pharmacy forum has 1 mod (covering 2 different SDN forums) and 1 admin while other healthcare forums have multiple mods covering specific subforums. Due to being short handed and being in different time zones, other mods give assistance whenever possible. Alot of KIPs and warnings are covered in pharmacy by your current mod and admin but assistance in covering our section is sometimes greatly needed. Likewise if I focus on here I have other mods covering my second forum (#Veteran Benefits forum!!) and if another forum has mods taking a LOA we try to cover their sections as well.

I think it was modest_anteater who when on a tirade of his incel theories and Sparda of all people stepped on and went "you know that **** is bull**** and ****ing disgusting, right?"

I graduated with SHC and I promise you our entire class also wonders how she functioned and if she is still functioning.

Who was the girl who got banned and went to /r/pharmacy asking them why she got banned? Her name had something about a ponytail in it. That was an entertaining evening.

Whenever someone reports you, the super mods are the ones who give warnings.

I just now realized that there was a report button... I could not imagine using it...

Growing up - I was the type of kid that if you teased me on the bus, I would be getting off on your stop to settle the issue. Then I would walk home when it was settled. I never used the report button.

Guess times are different now...

I graduated with SHC and I promise you our entire class also wonders how she functioned and if she is still functioning.

I legitimately wonder how she fared on her informatics and nuclear pharmacy rotations

Another member whom I wonder about their whereabouts: 5minutes who had to move to Barrow (now Utqiagvik), Alaska, a town with a population of 4,257 located at the northern tip of Alaska bordering the Arctic Ocean for his first job as a pharmacist.

This guy wasn't banned but the Capsule thread makes me wonder what ever happened to JamesL1585?

Did he ever start his business? Does he still think he didn't do anything wrong?

This forum is heavily filtered. Posts are deleted, edited, moved to the hidden forum and people who are honest get banned. If someone responds to a topic older than a year old then it will be closed for further discussion even if the topic is still relevant. If the mods deem the post off topic, they will close it but leave hundreds of others open. If the mods don't like a post, they'll close it or delete it. A small number of people control what are allowed to see just like in North Korea.

According to mods discussion of a specific school's NAPLEX pass and residency match rates belongs in the Job Market forum not the Pharmacy School Specific Discussions forum. Also pharmacists are NOT allowed to post in the Pharmacy School Specific Discussions forums unless it is to respond to an applicant's inquiry. Also apparently I broke a bunch of rules in our TOS: Our Vision, Values, and Policies • Student Doctor Network but when I ask mods that I cannot find that rule anywhere in there and if they could please pinpoint me to where that rule is, I get no answers.

Proof: sdn rules.JPG
Any other weird rules out there that are not stated in the TOS that you guys have run into?

Last edited:
  • Hmm
According to mods discussion of a specific school's NAPLEX pass and residency match rates belongs in the Job Market forum not the Pharmacy School Specific Discussions forum. Also pharmacists are NOT allowed to post in the Pharmacy School Specific Discussions forums unless it is to respond to an applicant's inquiry. Also apparently I broke a bunch of rules in our TOS: Our Vision, Values, and Policies • Student Doctor Network but when I ask mods that I cannot find that rule anywhere in there and if they could please pinpoint me to where that rule is, I get no answers.

Proof: View attachment 308136
Any other weird rules out there that are not stated in the TOS that you guys have run into?

The message from your proof mentions derailment. The rule from the TOS is #7: Stop on topic.

I'm not gonna guess at what the original message is, but it seems pretty clear which rule they were referring to...

The message from your proof mentions derailment. The rule from the TOS is #7: Stop on topic.

I'm not gonna guess at what the original message is, but it seems pretty clear which rule they were referring to...
That was not the original charge though. The original claim was that it was considered cross-posting, despite each one of my posts being different and within the same sub-forum. After asking for further clarification, the mod then said it was derailing instead - which didn't make sense to me because one would think discussing a specific school's performance statistics would be appropriate topic for said school's general thread in the pharmacy school specific forums. The eventual argument, as evidenced above, was that school specific performance statistics including NAPLEX pass rates and residency match rates belong in the the Job Market forum unless a pharmacy school applicant posts asking for those stats. This further implies that pharmacists will not initiate any of sort discussion within the pharmacy school specific forum and essentially only answer when spoken to.

• Hmm
I do not have any insight into that conversation as I was not a part of it but I will point out that usually when people ask "why was I given an infraction" the question is disingenuous and the person just wants to argue about the infraction.

I am sorry if you are an innocent person who didn't cross-post, wasn't off topic, weren't grinding your ax, etc etc. I am also sorry the reason for your infraction is a mystery to you. That is a shame since you can't learn from it if you don't know the reason for it.

I am intrigued by your comment that each of your posts were "within the same sub-forum". Posting repetitive content within the same sub-forum is the worst kind of cross-posting.

I once put up a post up in the veterinary forums asking why so few vets will see exotic patients (in my case specifically reptiles). I've found there to be a real shortage of qualified vets who will treat the non fuzzy animals. Anyway, I went on to tell a story of one of my pets- a bearded dragon that had a disease called "Yellow Fungus" which is considered ultimately fatal and not treatable (it is NOT- I am proof)). I told a story of several vets telling me the only solution was to euthanize the animal. As this was a young, otherwise healthy animal, I didn't want to accept this. To make long story short, I compounded an anti fungal med and successfully treated the animal which has been in complete remission for several years. I shared this story on the vet forums, thinking naively that maybe someone would appreciate the info on HOW I treated the animal. Yes, I am naive.

Rather than commend my passion and efforts for helping the animal, the vets jumped all over me about "practicing veterinary medicine" (when no local vet would help me other than offering to kill my pet) and generalizing that all reptile owners are essentially a bunch of under educated idiots. They also said some terrible things to me that they assumed about me as a pet owner which I took great offence to. It was implied that if a licensed vet told me to euthanize an animal then I should never have questioned that (how dare I!) and simply killed the animal WHEN I KNEW I COULD DO BETTER. What unbridled arrogance. As a result of this, I responded with anger at the idiocy I was experiencing, which got me a warning and a temp ban for calling out the ethics of the *****s who attacked me. They were the majority and I was seen as the offender. Whatever.

My first response was to tell the mods here to shove their inconsequential forums up their respective asses. I don't know about everyone else, but this forum is used by me only for my amusement. If it shut down tomorrow I would not shed a tear. I really was tempted to tell them to simply remove my membership all together. But I took some time off and returned. Not sure why. Morbid curiosity? Perhaps.

Since then, I've just assumed that all mods are douches who will side with the majority of f*cktards just to keep the MAJORITY of forum members happy. Probably a good rule of thumb. Don't harass the idiot pharmacy snowflakes on their forum by giving them a much needed dose of reality. Don't call out the vets on their forum for their greed and lack of ethics. I had a great deal of respect for the veterinary profession till that day. Fortunately, I still know a few good practitioners in the "real world". Fine to the rest. And f*ck you. You know who you are. X

• Wow
I once put up a post up in the veterinary forums asking why so few vets will see exotic patients (in my case specifically reptiles). I've found there to be a real shortage of qualified vets who will treat the non fuzzy animals. Anyway, I went on to tell a story of one of my pets- a bearded dragon that had a disease called "Yellow Fungus" which is considered ultimately fatal and not treatable (it is NOT- I am proof)). I told a story of several vets telling me the only solution was to euthanize the animal. As this was a young, otherwise healthy animal, I didn't want to accept this. To make long story short, I compounded an anti fungal med and successfully treated the animal which has been in complete remission for several years. I shared this story on the vet forums, thinking naively that maybe someone would appreciate the info on HOW I treated the animal. Yes, I am naive.

Rather than commend my passion and efforts for helping the animal, the vets jumped all over me about "practicing veterinary medicine" (when no local vet would help me other than offering to kill my pet) and generalizing that all reptile owners are essentially a bunch of under educated idiots. They also said some terrible things to me that they assumed about me as a pet owner which I took great offence to. It was implied that if a licensed vet told me to euthanize an animal then I should never have questioned that (how dare I!) and simply killed the animal WHEN I KNEW I COULD DO BETTER. What unbridled arrogance. As a result of this, I responded with anger at the idiocy I was experiencing, which got me a warning and a temp ban for calling out the ethics of the *****s who attacked me. They were the majority and I was seen as the offender. Whatever.

My first response was to tell the mods here to shove their inconsequential forums up their respective asses. I don't know about everyone else, but this forum is used by me only for my amusement. If it shut down tomorrow I would not shed a tear. I really was tempted to tell them to simply remove my membership all together. But I took some time off and returned. Not sure why. Morbid curiosity? Perhaps.

Since then, I've just assumed that all mods are douches who will side with the majority of f*cktards just to keep the MAJORITY of forum members happy. Probably a good rule of thumb. Don't harass the idiot pharmacy snowflakes on their forum by giving them a much needed dose of reality. Don't call out the vets on their forum for their greed and lack of ethics. I had a great deal of respect for the veterinary profession till that day. Fortunately, I still know a few good practitioners in the "real world". Fine to the rest. And f*ck you. You know who you are. X

Wow that story about your dragon is crazy!! We hear stories all the time about humans who were told they'd have 3 months to live then years later they're still going strong and everyone calls it a miracle! But the vets still think they should have killed your dragon??

Can you find the thread still?

From my experience, vets hate us.

Was quite a while ago...will post link if I can find. Also a lot of my posts there were deleted by the mods once I started fighting back. I wasn't mincing words in what I thought of their "opinions". Yeah apparently they do hate us. Made comments about our salary, etc. when that had nothing to do with my post/ questions. And I wasn't asking advice or anything. Was trying to share some knowledge. Apparently no one cared enough to listen as I never was even asked how I treated the animal before everyone started attacking me. By the way, it's perfectly legal to treat your own animal without a vets license. But the vets REALLY get butt-hurt if you try. They would have preferred to see the animal dead than have their egos deflated. Unbelievable. The depth of human ignorance never disappoints.

Last edited:
Wow that story about your dragon is crazy!! We hear stories all the time about humans who were told they'd have 3 months to live then years later they're still going strong and everyone calls it a miracle! But the vets still think they should have killed your dragon??
There is no "accepted" way to treat the disease. So no vet would offer any advice other than euthanize. The animal was a juvenile and otherwise very healthy. I thought it had a good chance for survival if I could get the infection under control. So I used common sense coupled with some internet research. Compounded liquid itraconazole. Gave dose daily. Total treatment 6 months. Also did daily Chlorhexidine soaks. Lots of wound care since the disease is necrotizing. Used topical antifungals also on the infected lesions. To this day the foot has no scales- the skin was too damaged but the foot is fully functional. The beardie lost two toes but I saved the foot and ultimately the reptile. Thought that sharing my experience might be appreciated by those who treat these animals. Boy was I ever wrong.

Last edited:
The truth is, I have little faith in medicine- either human or veterinary. You are your own advocate, and you advocate for your pets as well. You have to know what answers you are willing to accept in advance. Maybe the vets I visited assumed no one would have the dedication to provide such treatment. But I did. Proved it could be done and by doing so also proved them VERY wrong. Fortunately I've found two new vets who are open to new ideas and have a passion for the field. My old vets apparently did not.

Reactions: 2 users
I've come to realize the only miracles that exist are the ones we make for ourselves.

Definitely Pharmacy is a scam. He spoke the truth

• Dislike
If they banned people for misinformation (there is NO pharmacy saturation) they'd have to ban EVERYONE on the "snowflake students" forum. LOL Talk about wishful thinking. But yeah....the trolls make the place entertaining. Can we start a "Just for Trolls" pharmacy board? Guarantee it will be the most popular of them all.... NO rules! Like thunderdome....
Wait, you get banned for saying there is a saturation? Didn't know this. But it's an undeniable fact. It's not just saturated. It's over-saturated.

I am sorry if you are an innocent person who didn't cross-post, wasn't off topic, weren't grinding your ax, etc etc. I am also sorry the reason for your infraction is a mystery to you. That is a shame since you can't learn from it if you don't know the reason for it.

I am intrigued by your comment that each of your posts were "within the same sub-forum". Posting repetitive content within the same sub-forum is the worst kind of cross-posting.
I guess therein lies the initial confusion. Firstly I didn't believe it was repetitive content as each post was individualized to school specific data, similar to someone asking about deadlines, requirements, etc for different schools. Secondly I was under the belief that cross-posting needs to be across multiple forums as it is defined in the TOS as well as any other definitions I could find online. This was never clarified however. The subsequent charge was then changed to derailing as apparently school specific performance stats such as NAPLEX pass rates and residency match are meant for the job market forums - I guess that is fair...just an odd rule that hasn't been made public I don't think

Was quite a while ago...will post link if I can find. Also a lot of my posts there were deleted by the mods once I started fighting back. I wasn't mincing words in what I thought of their "opinions". Yeah apparently they do hate us. Made comments about our salary, etc. when that had nothing to do with my post/ questions. And I wasn't asking advice or anything. Was trying to share some knowledge. Apparently no one cared enough to listen as I never was even asked how I treated the animal before everyone started attacking me. By the way, it's perfectly legal to treat your own animal without a vets license. But the vets REALLY get butt-hurt if you try. They would have preferred to see the animal dead than have their egos deflated. Unbelievable. The depth of human ignorance never disappoints.

If a parent gives his kid some APAP for fever he's practicing medicine without a license. Didn't you know

• Love
I was just stunned by the unprovoked level of douchiness to my initially innocent inquiry. Still am. And the fact that I'm the one got the temp ban must have meant that the mod was a vet too. There is definitely a toxic level of egos on SDN. It seems to attract them like flies to ****. You'd think that- since we all have probably higher than average respective educations- that we could sort of make it a safe zone rather than trying to show how much better we are than everyone else. Just didn't expect that level of toxicity from the people who play with puppies and kitties all day.

What happened? I have never read anything inappropriate or false from him.
Inquiring minds want to know! Trust me, he might not even know what he did.... Granted- telling the TRUTH to the wrong party can get you banned on these forums if it conflicts with their own twisted version of reality...

Inquiring minds want to know! Trust me, he might not even know what he did....

Mods gotta tell us, otherwise other members will do the same thing without knowing what they did wrong. That is like giving an employee a med error report without telling them which patient or prescription the error was for.

Karen is now considered a bad word I guess.

The other person was worse i think.

• Haha
People who make references to young adult pop fiction are clearly unhinged

• Haha
lmao at victoryofhungryman. Hes been going around calling people ******s so I'm not surprised his trollish ways got him a temp ban

Inquiring minds want to know! Trust me, he might not even know what he did.... Granted- telling the TRUTH to the wrong party can get you banned on these forums if it conflicts with their own twisted version of reality...

Do you think we should allow a non-vet member to go to the vet forum and berate them in their home forum?

It's the same here. When Vets or Docs drop by just to harass us they get an infraction.

Mods gotta tell us, otherwise other members will do the same thing without knowing what they did wrong. That is like giving an employee a med error report without telling them which patient or prescription the error was for.

Interesting. When one tech makes a med error do you tell all the other techs about it so they can learn from it? Every place I have ever worked at only reviews the error with the person who made it.

We send an infraction to the person who violated the TOS, we don't tell every other member what they did that violated TOS. As VA Hopeful showed it usually isn't tough to figure out though unless it is something truly behind the scenes, like a PM or a post we deleted.

Interesting. When one tech makes a med error do you tell all the other techs about it so they can learn from it? Every place I have ever worked at only reviews the error with the person who made it.

We send an infraction to the person who violated the TOS, we don't tell every other member what they did that violated TOS. As VA Hopeful showed it usually isn't tough to figure out though unless it is something truly behind the scenes, like a PM or a post we deleted.

You can discuss errors with the team without saying who did what exactly as everyone would benefit from understanding what happened so it doesn't happen again.

Everyone can see when people are banned. It's no secret. What is there to say other than don't be an asshat who types crap like 'AsIanS aRe ThE MoSt RaCiSt' of 'if you are black you are x times more likely to commit such and such crime than if you were white" (lrn2statistics)

Status
Not open for further replies.