Favourite School Related Books/Study Guides OTHER THAN The Assigned Material

Started by Mexi
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Mexi

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
After a poster very helpfully suggested a study guide in a recent thread and many people agreed, I thought it might be worthwhile to ask a broader question to those of you who have been there/done that with the tough courses required for vet med.

So... what are your favourite study guides and/or related material you found most helpful in difficult classes - other than the required textbooks?
 

The three in the middle are the same. :d

OP, I don't think there are many threads of books for help with undergrad courses specifically. The main one that gets tossed around is Organic Chemistry as a Second Language. Other than that... I dunno. What are you having trouble with?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
SOV, thanks, but I did utilize the search function... I just didn't find anything relevant. Nor did you, it seems.

tigers, there isn't anything I'm having any trouble with. I just read the recommendation for the book you mentioned and thought it might be neat/helpful to see if anyone had any other books or study guides they strongly recommended. If that's the only book, then so be it. 🙂
 
Believe it or not, YouTube can be a valuable resource. This video helped me a lot when studying for my Anatomy I midterm. There was another on fetal heart development that helped to put the 2D descriptions from the Powerpoint slides in my Histo class into a 3D perspective.