tennisball80

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Feb 5, 2008
United States
Status
Pre-Medical
Feel free to discuss anything on this thread. I appreciate for any comments. :)

My Progress so far

Dec 27 2008

Material 1: The official Red Book
Doing short passages (15 questions for each) for English section within 8 minutes. Got 60-70% of them right every time.

Material 2: Kaplan ACT 2008 Premium program
The same as above. Getting 60-70% of the questions right every time for English section

Future plan:

Take a whole English section practice test (75 questions in 45 minutes) to see how it goes.

glowworm

inching along
10+ Year Member
Jul 19, 2008
oklahoma
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
You look like you are doing great so far. Princeton Review also has a decent book if you need more practice tests. I think you are right that the next thing you should do is take a practice test and see how you do.

That wasn't really any help, but good luck.:luck:

tennisball80

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Feb 5, 2008
United States
Status
Pre-Medical
Thanks for the comment. :)

Anyone here please feel free to share his/her progress or study strategy.:thumbup:

About the Ads

Local

Stop the Shananigans!i!i!
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 30, 2008
Good ole Louisiana
Status
Medical Student
Dang man, your on top of things. Your motivating me! Once my friend gives me my red book back, i am going to start studying. Maybe we can coordinate our schedules :) (I dont know about you, but i work better when working in coordination with someone else.) But that would be way to much work over the internet on forums. So just posting what we are doing will have to suffice.

tennisball80

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Feb 5, 2008
United States
Status
Pre-Medical
Dang man, your on top of things. Your motivating me! Once my friend gives me my red book back, i am going to start studying. Maybe we can coordinate our schedules :) (I dont know about you, but i work better when working in coordination with someone else.) But that would be way to much work over the internet on forums. So just posting what we are doing will have to suffice.
I got 17 on my first attempt for ACT. Although English is not my first language, I'm not going to give up.

Wish you good luck and don't forget to post your progress frequently on this thread. :D

HeatherB1192

Heather
10+ Year Member
Jan 4, 2009
Iowa.
Status
Pre-Medical
I'm taking the ACT in Feb. too. I've been studying from the 2008 Kaplan book. I think it's helping.

Good luck on it!

HeatherB1192

Heather
10+ Year Member
Jan 4, 2009
Iowa.
Status
Pre-Medical
Heather, what's your strategy for the science section ? :)

Are you good at it ?
Eh, Science. Def. not my strongest section on the ACT! And I haven't got to that part in the Kaplan book yet.. So I def. don't have a strategy down yet! Sorry! When I get one, I'll let you know! :D

tennisball80

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Feb 5, 2008
United States
Status
Pre-Medical
Eh, Science. Def. not my strongest section on the ACT! And I haven't got to that part in the Kaplan book yet.. So I def. don't have a strategy down yet! Sorry! When I get one, I'll let you know! :D
Hahaha, all right then. ;)

Catchlight

10+ Year Member
Jul 22, 2008
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
I'm taking mine in February too.

I took the ACT in December for the 1st time and got a 28 without studying, so this time I'm hoping for a 30.

About the Ads