Feb 2009 ACT Club

tennisball80

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Feel free to discuss anything on this thread. I appreciate for any comments. :)

My Progress so far

Dec 27 2008

Material 1: The official Red Book
Doing short passages (15 questions for each) for English section within 8 minutes. Got 60-70% of them right every time.

Material 2: Kaplan ACT 2008 Premium program
The same as above. Getting 60-70% of the questions right every time for English section

Future plan:

Take a whole English section practice test (75 questions in 45 minutes) to see how it goes.

Members don't see this ad.

You look like you are doing great so far. Princeton Review also has a decent book if you need more practice tests. I think you are right that the next thing you should do is take a practice test and see how you do.

That wasn't really any help, but good luck.:luck:

Thanks for the comment. :)

Anyone here please feel free to share his/her progress or study strategy.:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
Dang man, your on top of things. Your motivating me! Once my friend gives me my red book back, i am going to start studying. Maybe we can coordinate our schedules :) (I dont know about you, but i work better when working in coordination with someone else.) But that would be way to much work over the internet on forums. So just posting what we are doing will have to suffice.

Dang man, your on top of things. Your motivating me! Once my friend gives me my red book back, i am going to start studying. Maybe we can coordinate our schedules :) (I dont know about you, but i work better when working in coordination with someone else.) But that would be way to much work over the internet on forums. So just posting what we are doing will have to suffice.

I got 17 on my first attempt for ACT. Although English is not my first language, I'm not going to give up.

Wish you good luck and don't forget to post your progress frequently on this thread. :D

I'm taking the ACT in Feb. too. I've been studying from the 2008 Kaplan book. I think it's helping.

Good luck on it!

I'm taking the ACT in Feb. too. I've been studying from the 2008 Kaplan book. I think it's helping.

Good luck on it!

Heather, what's your strategy for the science section ? :)

Are you good at it ?

Heather, what's your strategy for the science section ? :)

Are you good at it ?

Eh, Science. Def. not my strongest section on the ACT! And I haven't got to that part in the Kaplan book yet.. So I def. don't have a strategy down yet! Sorry! When I get one, I'll let you know! :D

Eh, Science. Def. not my strongest section on the ACT! And I haven't got to that part in the Kaplan book yet.. So I def. don't have a strategy down yet! Sorry! When I get one, I'll let you know! :D

Hahaha, all right then. ;)

I'm taking mine in February too.

I took the ACT in December for the 1st time and got a 28 without studying, so this time I'm hoping for a 30.

Feb 7th Saturday 2009
8:00
ACT
:scared:

Tomorrow, the day to conquer ACT.

Wish me luck !

That science section was hard.

Aw... Sorry to hear that.

When will you guys get your results?

Supervisor: "5 minutes left"

Tennisball80: "Wow wtf"