February ACT Results

Dr. Magnum G.I.

Reaction score
:(

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
First off all, you’re not “too stupid” to get into medical school and become a physician. Even if for some reason you don’t attend Georgia Tech, you can still have a great undergraduate career. Highschool doesn’t even matter in regards to medical schools, so just because you weren’t happy with your ACT doesn’t mean you can’t make it.

I went to a small private university and there were plenty of resources and opportunities to do well. I’m sure you’ll attend a better school than I did and do well. It is what you make it and not what anyone else says you’re limited to doing in the end. Keep pushing hard and retain an open mind in terms of colleges you end up applying to this cycle.

Last edited:
Many people succeed after an initial failure. What's more, many people attend medical school after going to community college and transferring to a four-year school. Believe in yourself, try as hard as you can, and modify your approach if something is not working. Believing you can do it is half the battle.

Firstly, I got a 27 on my ACT and am going to a Top 20 med school. You are definitely not too stupid.

Secondly, don't let you parents tell you that you can't become a doctor. That's kind of insane to me and shows that they are not as in touch with the reality of how medical school admissions work.

Lastly, you can get into med school from anywhere. I went to an unranked low-tier public school and did just fine in my app cycle. Go somewhere you will enjoy and can do well at. Engineering is a hard path, particularly for someone who wants to go to medical school. I'm not saying you shouldn't major in it, I'm just saying you should consider all the pros and cons strongly.