Feb Interviews (ANY GOOD NEWS?)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RKID

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So since Feb 1 any good news?
I still have not heard from 13 schools and want to know the stories on them.
LETS HEAR SOME GOOD NEWS!

Members don't see this ad.

Oh...got my first rejection letter yesterday from Albert Einstein...and an application (why the hell would they send me an application this late...I didn't even send them my AMCAS scores!!!! Bizarre!) from UMDNJ
or somethin..the the RObert Wood Johnson School in JERSey. As for the rest...not a word!

I handed in all my applications on the deadlines. I found out later that this may have hurt, especially for schools which have rolling admissions. I interviewed at six schools, but I still hadn't heard from half. This week, however, I received interviews from Hopkins, Duke, and Georgetown.

So, there is still hope.

Good luck,
Keith

Members don't see this ad :)
I have an interview this Friday and another on the 19th....I'll keep you posted.
smile.gif

I got Tulane yesterday and UNC Chapel Hill the day before. THe day before that Chicago Med told me to get lost but frankly I dont care because a few days before that NYMC invited me to an interview as well.
FYI- I had only one interview TOTAL before this so I know what it's like to walk away from the mailbox a little more depressed than when you walked up. For everyone who's freaking out I just want to say that if you want to be a physician bad enough no one can stop you. Keep the chin up. I've been at this for awhile.

Hey Yigit,

if you got an interview from schools like Tulane and UNC, you must have pretty decent stats and don't have to sweat over a rejection from schools like CMS. Did you just apply late? It seems like you don't belong in our boat
wink.gif

Reisling, I am not only on the boat...I feel like the stinkin' captain. I gradutated college with withdrawls and/or C+'s in almost every important premed class and a 24 MCAT. Four years later I have a 3.8 graduate GPA, a Masters degree in Molecular Genetics and another one in Business Administration, and a 34 MCAT.
I spent Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec, Jan, & half of Feb (not to mention the 3 years prior to that) thinking that it was all for naught. Finally in the middle of February I got my first interview, and then another, and another, and today I got another. For the first time in four years I feel like there may actually be a light at the end of the tunnel. Yah I'm seriously starting to think about getting off the boat, but believe me...I'm on this ship. I just wanted everyone else to know that interviews are still coming and even if you don't get one this time....it'll come eventually. Keep the dream alive.

yigit:

I truly admire your determination. I was lucky enought to get accepted the first time around, but hearing stories like yours makes me think about all the great life lessons I would have learned if I hadn't gotten lucky this time. I really think the hard work you have put towards getting into med school will take you even farther in life than just getting accepted.

Congratulation! I hope I have people like you in my class next year!

in the last two weeks i received two invites from schools that i hadn't heard from in literally 6 months. keep the dream alive.

congrats, which schools did you hear from? I'm still waiting on about 7 schools for an interview decision.

jimi,
Yah I am really glad that I had to struggle for a little while. I am a MUCH better person because of it. I would have been a clueless kid had I gone to medical school straight outta college. Now I feel like I can get the best out of med school. Hopefully I'll get in somewhere. Creighton interview came today...so like I said, they are still coming. Omaha Nebraska....bright lights, big city! good luck everyone.

katie: thank you - good luck with your schools as well. it was duke and cornell for me.